Online stores

Edit My Images
No
Going to get a new lens and highly likely to be ordered on the net. Am i correct in thinking i should be worried about grey imports??? If so why and what shops should i avoid for this?

Looking at Camerabox, anyone used them, they are the cheapest at the moment. Or recommend another good store.

D

I can highly recommend Camerabox having used them a couple of times there service and delivery times are second to none, Warehouse express is another one i have used and found them to be also very good.
Cant help you with the grey imports question.
Another seller to think about is Kerso who can be found on this site, i recently bought a Canon lens off him and found his prices very favourable

(y) Thanks, have been reading the site a lot and keep coming across Kerso.
D

I've used Camerabox and I can't fault the service or delivery.
I believe they do sell grey imported lens as they offer a 2 year warranty (Canon warranty is 1 year) on Canon lenses which is directly with them.
Personally it doesn't bother me at all.
All it means is they source their supplies out of the UK rather that via Canon UK distributors.
This also means that they can sell them cheaper.
I could be wrong but I believe Canon give an international warranty on lenses so it doesn't matter where you buy them from.
However, I don't think they honour warranty for non UK sourced bodies.

Some people don't like to buy grey imports but the products are identical just sourced elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hi, I can supply all Canon lenses and bodies. You are covered in UK with UK invoice supplied. I do NOT sell Grey market items, they are items that come without any manufacturers warranty.
Ian.

I've used Camerabox and I can't fault the service or delivery.
I believe they do sell grey imported lens as they offer a 2 year warranty (Canon warranty is 1 year) on Canon lenses which is directly with them.
Personally it doesn't bother me at all.
All it means is they source their supplies out of the UK rather that via Canon UK distributors.
This also means that they can sell them cheaper.
Kerso I believe sources his lenses from the USA which would mean that technically, they are a grey import but this wouldn't stop me buying from Ian.
I could be wrong but I believe Canon give an international warranty on lenses so it doesn't matter where you buy them from.
However, I don't think they honour warranty for non UK sourced bodies.

Some people don't like to buy grey imports but the products are identical just sourced elsewhere.

Hi, I can supply all Canon lenses and bodies. You are covered in UK with UK invoice supplied. I do NOT sell Grey market items, they are items that come without any manufacturers warranty.
Ian.

Sorry Ian, my mistake, I've edited my orginal post.

Sent you an e-mail ian about my polarizer not arrived,whats happening.

Replied to.

Last edited:
James, I just got your message and replied. Best not put on a thread as its difficult to find all these messages!
Sent you an e-mail ian about my polarizer not arrived,whats happening.

Replied to.

dont use best cameras.... when it got delivered the seal was broken on the camera box and also there was no battery..

it took then 4 weeks to send out the battery...

so i think i just got either a returned camera or a refurbished one?

Back