Only a woman!

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Would post a laptop +mains lead and psu + cds and books in a JIFFY BAG!

Big up to the Post Office though, it's arrived with very few bit broken off it, one of the lid catches and some other unidentified as yet bits and the lid sections had come apart though it snapped back together easily, amazingly it works!

Thing is, I bought it off eBay and got it pretty cheap, I'm not too worried about the loss of the catch especially as there's still one good one, I just wanted a working laptop which I've got. Do I leave the silly person positive feedback, neutral or negative?

I'd email her and let her know that its been damaged in the post and that it wasn't adequately packed.

The problem with ebay and feedback is that sellers tend to wait until the buyer has left them positive feedback before they do the same. I pay for all my auctions with paypal less than 2 minutes after they end - I have 100% feedback.

If you leave a negative comment, its more than likely - even if you were a perfect buyer that they will leave negative feedback to retaliate. If however shes already left you positive feedback, knock yourself out and slate her.

Always best to let them know beforehand why you're going to do it though, she might give you some money back.

Do I leave the silly person positive feedback, neutral or negative?

Always a difficult area. The one thing I hate about the feedback system is the way a seller will hold off posting your feedback until you have posted. As far as I'm concerned the rule should be, buyer feedback is posted as soon as goods are paid for, seller feedback is posted when good arrive.

I suppose the question directly here is do you want a feedback argument, it does happen. However, if you are happy with the goods but not the packing post a Neutral feedback. This will not effect the sellers rating (i believe) but will flag a warning to others that this area should be looked at.

I gave her positive but mentioned the damage and packing, I think that's fair. Even without the catch it's a nice machine and I think it will be even better once I've formatted the ram.

Absolutely, you can speed up your pc enormously by formatting your ram.

I defrag my montior once a week, I think it's especially important when you use the digital connection on an LCD.

... A laptop ... in a jiffy bag, good heavens!!! :eek:

Well, I have to follow this one up with ....

Only a man....

Would post a motorbike torque arm with a piece of bubblewrap around the sides and buggerall on the top and bottom ... and only a man would be stupid enough to thrust it through my letterbox, allowing it to fall end down with a thud, putting a nice deep dint in my beautiful brand new solid oak floor!!! :bat:
In my case a jiffy bag would have been a welcome addition!

Glad to hear the lappie is working Steep... what is it with these stupid people!!!

Daft question where do i find system properties?

On windows, right click the MyComputer icon and choose properties Glen.

How does one formats the ram? I have 4gig on my new Vista PC and wonder if formatting will make the PC sprint?

How does one formats the ram? I have 4gig on my new Vista PC and wonder if formatting will make the PC sprint?

turn your comp off then on.
Defrag complete :)

Only a man....

Would post a motorbike torque arm with a piece of bubblewrap around the sides and buggerall on the top and bottom ... and only a man would be stupid enough to thrust it through my letterbox, allowing it to fall end down with a thud, putting a nice deep dint in my beautiful brand new solid oak floor!!! :bat:
In my case a jiffy bag would have been a welcome addition!

Made me chuckle did that. :D

The superior member of society who posted that obviously wanted the rest of the male race to see what a beautiful piece of engineering he was sending. It would appear to be your fault if you couldn't handle a good thrusting on a solid floor.

:D

Made me chuckle did that. :D

The superior member of society who posted that obviously wanted the rest of the male race to see what a beautiful piece of engineering he was sending. It would appear to be your fault if you couldn't handle a good thrusting on a solid floor.

:D
Well Mr Failure, Im glad someone had a laugh :razz:
Actually it also made my bro laugh... the damn thing was for him!

Pah! 'beautiful piece'?... yes it was shiny, I'll give you that one ... but any woman will tell you that shine alone & without carats, makes for a pointless piece!

Oh! & erm ... I think you'll find I can handle what ever comes my way ... tis my floor that cant handle it!
Oddly enough ... that too was laid by a man! :D

OT I know but..

As far as I'm concerned the rule should be, buyer feedback is posted as soon as goods are paid for, seller feedback is posted when good arrive.

I'm guessing you've got the buyer & seller mixed up there? I certainly wouldn't post feedback for goods I hadn't even received yet :D

I agree that feedback is being withheld unfairly by many sellers on Ebay these days as a sort of insurance.

As for the laptop? I'd contact the seller first and tell them what happened to it thanks to their inadequate packing. If their reply is appathetic or rude then I'd leave accurate feedback. If the delivery was fast I'd say so, but I'd also state that it was packed in a jiffy bag and arrived damaged. If they then leave false feedback about you to try and get revenge then I'd report it to Ebay. They'd surely then have to prove their claim? Another alternative is to leave no feedback. This will hurt someone with a low count more obviously

Back