ooops i think i just broke something..

Name
Aimee
Edit My Images
Yes
so I had my camera (canon 400D) on my bed and forgot i had it there and leaned back and hit my head on it (ouch) now theres some rattle in it (very small, but any damage can be bad) however, i'm not sure if it was there before.. it shouldnt had been.... i've only had it 2 weeks.. should i be worried??.. it still takes pics, but its worrying me

It's not the flash mechanism rattling is it? Mine does slightly on my 30D.

Can you see anything loose?

I just held the flash while shaking it a little.. thanks that was most of the rattle, I hear a little of something else though, very slightly.. and i dont see anything loose no =/

Check your lens is operating freely, first your zoom, then try manual focus all the way from end to end...gently.

Also, put your camera to aperture priority, set it to max aperture (largest number), thenhold the DOF preview button down to check the operation of the shutter blades.

Or failing that, just swap the lens, and see if it does it with a different lens on :)

The rattle might be an orientation sensor. Possibly nothing to worry about?

Cheers,
James

so I had my camera (canon 400D) on my bed and forgot i had it there and leaned back and hit my head on it (ouch) now theres some rattle in it (very small, but any damage can be bad) however, i'm not sure if it was there before.. it shouldnt had been.... i've only had it 2 weeks.. should i be worried??.. it still takes pics, but its worrying me

hmm I assume it's the camera that's rattling
if it's the head, then not to worry - as the camera is fine :nuts:

They rattle out of the box :)

As mentioned above, there is a wee orientation sensor which rattles and also the linkages for the pop up flash also rattle.

Pop up the flash and hold the linkages between your fingers while you gently shake it, the noise should be much much fainter now.

Back