Ooops

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I just got my washing out the washing machine this morning and out of nowhere appeared a 400D battery. Seems I didn't check the pockets that well at all...:thumbsdown:

So the question is is it safe to use the battery now it's been through the wash? It looks fine, no leaking material that I can see and no cracks or bits coming off, it looks exactly the same as it did before I put it in the wash?

Or is it going to blow up in my face when I use it?:(:LOL:

I'd leave it somewhere warm for a week or two. could have corrosion inducing moisture inside it?

can I borrow your washing machine - I could with another battery!

if you have a volt meter - try measuring the voltage - carefully

Thanks, i'll leave it out until I get back home in 3 weeks then i'll test and see. :)

You could put the camera and lens through the same cycle so they all match...:LOL:

It'll be completely FUBAR.
Batteries hate being shorted and dumping it in a couple of gallons of water will do that nicely.

Time to start shopping

Just an update on this, I went away last week and found out my dad had stuck the battery in the camera (knowing what had happened to it) and it worked fine.

The camera didn't blow up and the battery keeps the same charge it did before its unscheduled wash, the only change seems to be it's a little cleaner :LOL:.

Having said that I don't want to chance it and so it'll only really be used as a backup when the other two are dead. :)

with all the stuff that has been in the media of late with laptop batteries catching fire and with camera batteries using the same technology, I would be inclined to ditch it and and not use it - £20 for a new battery or a few hundred for a new camera :shrug:

I can see your point, I bought a new second battery for just that reason but it's my dads camera so if he wants to use it it's up to him. Having said that if it was going to damage anything it would most likely have done it at the time it was first used.

Back