Oops

Edit My Images
Yes
What can I say........... This boyo "clipped" the bridge that carried the train that I was waiting on. Almost missed the start of the rugby tonight :)

Oops.jpg

TFL

David.

From the state of the hazard warning strips, he's not the 1st to have done that

Not exactly a caption, but according to conversion tables: 3.3 Metre(s) = 10.8267716535 Feet. That might have explained his confidence in going through the bridge, were it not for the fact he's got Spanish plates. Unless he thought he had 11 meters to play with. :)

Hmmmmmm... UK plates and.... he was no more than 2 miles from home. I suppose that makes it worse for him then. :LOL:

Obviously not very good at meassuring the height of things. Bet it made an awful crang.

King.

A teacher at our school smashed the roof off the minibus in a similar fashion when we were on our way to the local gym for P.E!!
She was really worried but we all loved it!
Pealed the roof half way off!
:D

Actually they are Irish plates lol

try one of the trucking magazines. they buy stuff like that.
he actualy has the height of the vehicle on a big sticker on his dash too.
cool shot. oh my lorry is 4.1 metres high.
a guy i used to drive with reversed his brand new car out of the carpark and under the front edge of an artic trailer. oops.

No fatgit they're definately UK plates... I wouldn't know where to start to get them to a trucking mag Stripe :LOL:

They DO look Irish, in the uk you have three (Or is it Tree?? lol..) letters on the end, Irish have i think three letters THEN four numbers on the end.. could just been imported by an English firm though..

Just thought!! uk - Northern Irish?? What do their plates look like? would be classed as uk eh.. :shrug:

Definitely NI plates. Three letters, four numbers. Irish plates look (understandably) foreign.

My father had an old Cavalier in about 1990 with the plate 'JIW 1904'. Northern Irish plates are very common, sometimes as personalised ones, in the UK.

Ho Ho Ho stuck are we sonny Jim?

No officer I am just delivering this bridge but I have lost the address :D

:LOL:Irish Plates have year, county and then the next consecutive number to be issued from 1 to last registered that year i.e. 07 D 12345 being a 2007 Dublin registered car 12,345th through the registry.

UK plates in Northern Ireland have a 3 letter county/city identifier followed by figures ranging from 1-9999. After 9999 the 3 letter identifier moves up 1 so for example AAZ 9999 goes to BAZ 1 although you'll be lucky to get Nos. 1-1000 as the government sneakily flog them as they would be "cherished" numbers. :shrug:

The reason they are popular on the mainland is that no-one there, in general, knows which year the plates are and of course they can be seen as more "personalised". :wave:

So, clearly identifiable as UK plates then... :rules:

Have a look here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_car_number_plates

David.

OK..... So now I'm going to contact the editor of a well known trucking mag, is there anything I should note to him(via email/phone) when I'm talking to him. For example, would I talk cash to him or just say "usual rates" or whatever.
Step forward you guys with any experience of this please.....

Thanks
David.

I have no idea but have a free "bump" on me :D

Someone did post a site that suggested prices for various uses. I would also send to the local newspapers (telephone first) you may only get £20.00 for that, but Don't give it away, It's worth money. The trucking mag PM me I may have a guide for tht mag I can suggest

Back