opinions wanted,

Edit My Images
No
hey, have been browsing around these forums trying to find an answer for a while now, but thought would save the time and go ahead and ask.

i currently own a bridge camera, but as photography is an important hobby of mine i would like to upgrade to a dslr, my main love is a mix of macro photography and landscape photography, i have no problems with learning new things, and no bias to any particular company,

i have aproximatly 900 pounds to spend,

what would you buy?

thanks, any further questions, please ask,

nathan:)

Nikon D80 with 18-135 and sigma 105mm macro would set you back about £900 at warehouse express. Not sure on the performance of the 18-35 but it's a NIkon so it shoud be at least decent.

Or, what looks to be great value would be the Olympus E510 with 14-42mm and 40-150mm Lenses at £498. Add the sigma macro again at £270 and you've got a nice kit.

Canon wise, 400D with grip , 18-55mm and 55-200 and the sigma macro again would come in about £870. not the greatest of lenses though but perfectly functional.

Got to say the Olympus kit looks great value. Best thing to do though would be get yourself into a shop and see what feels best for you.

You could obviously get these a bit cheaper on line but I'll leave that up to you :)

I have no experiance with the Olympus that dod suggests, but the canon or the Nikon I can vouch for. However. If going for the Nikon, don't get the 18-135. Go for the 18-70 AF-S DX instead. I had this lens and it really is an awsome lens for the price. If you find yourself wanting mor reach, save a tad and get the Nikon 70-300 AF-S VR.

This way you'll end up with better glass in the long run.

If I was looking to buy into a system and macro was on my list of things to be doing, I'd be paying lots of interest to the pentax cameras.

There are some recent threads that might be useful that the search will no doubt be able to track down. :)

Back