Orange & Hairy...

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Little photo shoot with Spike from this morning - C&C welcome. These were taken with my D60, kit lens and SB600 flash. Set up on the bed with just a blue blanket as the BG. I am attempting to learn more about flash and how best to use it so any tips on that would be very welcome (y)

Spike 1 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Spike 2 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Spike 3 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Beautiful shots, I love the details captured.

Thankyou (y)

Your model is exquisite and he is VERY co-operative :LOL: My only crit is, have you slightly over sharpened his eyes? I love the depth of colour and feel the balance of light is good with lovely catch-light (y) The eyes are best in #1 before he adjusted to the light :D

Thanks for the crit Tina - for all of them I used PSP X2 - unsharp mask on settings:

Radius - 2
Strength - 100
Clipping - 5

(which are I think the defaults)

I didn't do any specific sharpening on the eyes. Is it the whole image or just the eyes that look oversharpened - maybe I should do the eyes seperately (or just use different settings for the whole image)?

EDIT - oh and Spike says thankyou for the compliment :)

Awwww don't i look all cute and cuddley?? I like the way the tog got my good side and made the pics look real sharp:D

Seriously though these are great i wish my cats would sit still long enough to take a pic.

spike

Awwww don't i look all cute and cuddley?? I like the way the tog got my good side and made the pics look real sharp:D

Seriously though these are great i wish my cats would sit still long enough to take a pic.

spike

Thanks - he will only tolerate the camera for about 10 minutes and then he's off... but he is a good model for those 10 minutes (y)

Back