OT Uninstaller wanted

Edit My Images
Yes
me again,
i have a program thats taking 430mb of valuable memory from me, but Add/Remove wont remove it, and i dont have the disc's to it anymore.
Anyone recomend a good FREE program to do it.
stevannie

I think the only thing you can do is find the program directory and delete it.

wont norton take it out m8 , asuming you have it?

or simply go into the programs folder of windows and delete the program folder entry, you will have a few asociated files remaining, but they shouldnt do much harm

my computer/c:/programs........then the name of the program you want to remove , just delete the whole folder

MyPix

ok guys will give it a try.
stevannie

You might need to remove it from the registry too. Unless you know what that means and what you are doing, don't try removing it from the registry.

What program is it that will not remove? Does it have an uninstall shortcut of its own in the start menu?

I would strongly recommend ccleaner at www.ccleaner.com
It's free and does an excellent job on mine for problems like this.

In fact I would recommend everyone gets it wether you need it or not!

It doesn't take a genius to know what the 'c' stands for and what the app is generally known as.

i have been and hand deleted the program without any probs, not re-booted as yet though.
@Aquilaeagle, for some reason the self uninstall wouldn't work on it, i went to the Serif site also, they said try a 'fix it' first, but didn't work.

@Bachs, i have now downloaded the ccleaner program, looks good, does one have to remove things with care, as i let it analize my system for 61seconds and it said it could remove 5,375mb of crap, god knows what would happen if i let it run the course.
stevannie

I have used it for a year and it has always been safe to let it do its job.
Run it from both the Windows and applications tabs and also from the icon on the left called 'issues'. that option will give you a prompt asking if you want to back up your registry and it does that for you if you say yes.

There is also an uninstaller behind the 'tools' icon.

The whole app will detect every piece of junk left behind....redundant registry entries, broken shortcuts the lot.

Is wear by this app and run it at least once a week.

sounds like just the ticket, many thanks for the link.
stevannie

if i have this issue i tend to go through the registry and delete any entries with the program name in it. It works well for me, i also use easycleaner for invalid registry entries, i run this once a month and my laptop runs brilliant once done.

i suppose it comes down to experience and confidence to manually delete items within windows,
i have and do........

if you dont, then get a program to do it for you........but think about it a second, ur removing something because it takes up ''valuable space ' and then install a program to do it for you, doesnt that take up some 'valuable space ' to ?

MyPix

MyPix said:
........but think about it a second, ur removing something because it takes up ''valuable space ' and then install a program to do it for you, doesnt that take up some 'valuable space ' to ?
Taking that a step further, when you "delete" a file from within Windows it doesn't actually remove them - Windows just marks the physical sectors on the disk so they can be overwritten ;)

I remove stuff because it's causing a problem or it isn't doing what it is supposed to be doing.

I think a 503k for a free app like ccleaner is well worth it.
Manually deleting registry entries can be a dangerous hobby if you don't know what you are doing.
I do now, but have caused myself headaches in the past through playing russian roulette with the registry. Apps like ccleaner do much more than remove stuff, they fix stuff too!

Other free apps also wipe from the hard drive, removing all traces of them.

Back