Otherside of the door

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure what you lot think of this but I came across it yesterday while walking to work (took my camera this time:thumb: )
Basically its a stone door built into a wall with another doorway and frame free standing - anyway thought I share it with you.

DoorWay.jpg

How bizarre! Took me a second or two to figure that it wasn't a photoshop job :laugh2:

It's a shame that the tree is there though... did you take any with a shallower DOF?

Yeah the trees a "nuisance";)
Re: DoF
Nope I didnt - and Im kicking myself now that I see where your coming from:banghead:

Warspite said:
...and Im kicking myself now that I see where your coming from:banghead:

Back you go lol (You should be able to see what it's like in PS though... :thumb:)

And re the 'banghead' smiley - you don't wanna go doing that - there might be some sort of bizarre door there that might open... :whistling

You can imagine the drunks on the way back from the pub having a hell of a time with that ;)

What a great 'see' Warspite ... like it a lot & s*d the tree, it adds a touch of the real worldy for me !

Thanx for sharing...

Thanks people - tried looking from all sides and theres blasted trees everywhere;)

I could tolerate the trees, but you know that feeling you get when the obvious hits you or when Catdaddy mention DoF (in my case) soo obvious I missed the possibilities:banghead: . So another walk and more thought next time:thumb:

Anyhow its all learning :D

Thanks all:thumb:

But if you alter dof will you not lose the other door ? Or am I missing something ...

And if you have the luxury of trying again you could wait for ideal light conditions ?

I'll see what I can do - DoF might make it more bizarre depending on which door is in focus, and it was about 8am in the morning. I was actually more amused by the one in the background because it looks so good - even has a light behind the glass as though its real;)

Heres a clearer (although poor) shot of the door in the wall

AnotherDoor.jpg

I like it - wonder which idiot decided it was a good idea to plant a tree there? What's the story behind this rather bizarre set up?

Its some kind of art piece - typically stuck in a place where only muppets like me will stumble across it;)

Location is near a marina in Sunderland. Not sure whos idea it was though.

This is the kind of thing I was 'seeing'... not 100% realistic DOF as it was a simple lassoo job in PS, but you get the idea... (I altered the levels marginally as well)

WarspiteDoor.jpg

Definately looks more interesting than mine:thumb:

Ah, but you have the advantage of being able to go back there and re-shoot! :thumb:

You're lucky having that kind of thing there, however off-the-wall it might be. In Reading I think we had some bronze shopping bags once...

Back