Captive Our Owl

That's great. A different angle to the normal straight on shot.

How did you come to acquire an owl chick ?

Gaz

That's great. A different angle to the normal straight on shot.

How did you come to acquire an owl chick ?

Gaz
It was all planned. We did a week with a qualified falconer to learn the basics and then picked one up from a breeder on Norfolk, The whole process took 12 months, building an aviary and waiting for the chick to become available as the breeding season for Bengal Eagle owls is around December.

Last edited:
@Bandit16
Thanks for your reply.

I had no idea it was a thing you could do I just assumed the chick may have been found / abandoned.

Sure is a thing of beauty.

Gaz

@Bandit16
Thanks for your reply.

I had no idea it was a thing you could do I just assumed the chick may have been found / abandoned.

Sure is a thing of beauty.

Gaz
Yeah Falconry is very much part of UK history/tradition. I'll probably post some more images in the future if anyone is interested.

Those eyes get you every time don't they.

Thats's the sort of view I was talking about earlier. Lovely as it is, the first image as something else going for it, not sure what it is, it just connected with me, maybe it's because " in my minds eye" he looks like he's deep in thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Gaz

Those eyes get you every time don't they.

Thats's the sort of view I was talking about earlier. Lovely as it is, the first image as something else going for it, not sure what it is, it just connected with me, maybe it's because " in my minds eye" he looks like he's deep in thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Gaz
There is no deep thought going on with owls, everything is instinctive. The intelligent wise owl thing is a myth. PS notice how his eyes have changed colour over the years.

There is no deep thought going on with owls, everything is instinctive. The intelligent wise owl thing is a myth. PS notice how his eyes have changed colour over the years.
Blame Harry Potter :)
Yes they have indeed changed.

Gaz

Back