Out and about with OM Primes

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
I recently acquired an Olympus OM-2n and purchased a few cheap OM Zuiko primes in its wake. Seemed a bit daft not to spend a tenner and get an adapter to use them on my Panasonic G2.

Thought I'd also add a bit of commentary about why I selected these shots.

122 Leadenhall by cybertect, on Flickr

OM 35mm f/2.8

Peering into the heart of the Richard Rogers skyscraper going up on Leadenhall Street, which is a magnificent piece of engineering. I like the way the light falls inside, while the gate is in shade, emphasising the frame-within-a-frame. The truck provides a sense of the scale of the structure.

20 Fenchurch Street by cybertect, on Flickr

OM 28mm f/3.5

A photo that's definitely about the light, crisply from the left hand side and then reflected off the buildings on the other side of the street in the glazing. Taxi in the shade helps establish it as a London scene.

47 at Tanner Street by cybertect, on Flickr

OM 28mm f/3.5

Street scene with the main subject off the right hand side, then you discover the two figures in silhouette under the tree. Aiming for a 'shot on Ilford FP4' feel with the PP.

Unboxed by cybertect, on Flickr

OM 28mm f/3.5

Found object. I was taken by the toplight bringing out the textures in the cardboard and tape.

Shad Thames by cybertect, on Flickr

OM 28mm f/3.5

Well, it's about that double yellow line leading your eye up into the scene - the arrows help confirm the direction you should be looking if you'd missed it. Wet road (it had been raining and was still drizzling a bit) makes the tarmac quite black, emphasising the contrast with the road markings. Talking of contrast, we get old and new buildings close up to each other.

St Thomas Street Works by cybertect, on Flickr

OM 28mm f/3.5

Portent of things to come. London Bridge station is being rebuilt over the next few years and this is where it starts; a grey early morning. It was the gaggle of workers having a chat on the left hand side that made it for me.

A very nice set indeed, what are you using for the PP work on the B&W conversions?

Thanks for the comments.

They're either straight out of Lightroom or taken for a little polish into Photoshop (more controlled curves adjustments than I can get in Lightroom).

Back