Out for a drive

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

Decided to try something new for me. I dismatled one of my rig suction cups and made me a mount like so

530934_10150786573129402_551529401_11787743_2036554345_n.jpg

Here are the results.

Just Drive by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Just Drive 2 by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

What do you think?

Mike

This is cool, but I don't think it suits long exposure, video however...!
Keep it up :)

Great shots and really like the effect. But you're either a very brave man or got big pockets, 'cos I know where the first stone chip would strike if I did that. :D

I think they are brilliant, only thing for me would be to drop your own car onto sidelights only whilst doing it as (for me) the cars own headlights spoil the images a little. As mentioned your extremely brave though... I'd never have the courage to attach my camera like that to my car. Well done! (y)

Glad you did bump missed these first time round and pleased to see them now. Some great shots and I like them both. Nice to see something different.

Steve

Brilliant Mike, I remember approving these for the nights on the road group (y) as they're very good (y) not what we will normally have in the group (y)

And thanks for also showing off your set up for it :clap:

Matt

Cheers, would video work when its that dark? i havent really played around with video on my 7D

Your EXIF gives an exposure of 15 seconds, f10 at ISO 100, shot at 11mm. If you shoot in 24fps at 1/50th (to maintain a 180 degree shutter angle), shoot around f4 to keep everything sharp and make sure everything is in focus - at 11mm that's not an issue at all - and you should get a well exposed very cool looking video. You might have to lift the ISO a little but you can go fairly high on a 7D and still get good results.
Sorry for the essay, but I felt bad for not realising that you'd replied and taking ages to respond. You should definitely have a play with video, it's seriously addictive.

Back