Beginner Outlines

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, not sure where to post this, but here goes. What causes these outline on the image, I know this is a crop, but should they be there??. I have tried to put arrows pointing to what I mean
Is it something I have done?. The picture was taken with the panasonic 45-150mm lens on a G5, settings were, 150mm f5.6 ISO 320 and SS 1/320th
P1040354_edited.jpg

Thanks Gav. maybe I should have said the original is 4608 x 3456, 8.5MB JPEG, hence the resizing to fit on here lol. but it is a SOOC image no editing except crop.

Last edited:
Thanks Gav. maybe I should have said the original is 4608 x 3456 8.5MB JPEG, hence the resizing to fit on here lol. but it is a SOOC image no editing except crop.
In that case, I'm sure it's the way your camera is trying to cope with the big contrast difference in the image and normal sharpening :)

Last edited:
They look more like sharpening artefacts to me.

Thanks eveyone, if you all say they are artifacts from editing then that is what they are, and I am an idiot lol. I think I know what has happened, this senile old git has got in a mucking fuddle, and has thrown the original images out and kept these edited ones thinking they are the originals lol. I will try to take the same picture again tomorrow (minus the pigeons) and see if they are any better. I am just trying the extended zoom on my G5, cheaper than a 100-300 lens lol, it looks like 2x zoom maybe usable, only just trying it now because I normaly shoot in RAW and this is only available in Jpeg.
ps Just looked at the 3 pictures I took and this is from a 4 x zoom image.

Last edited:
Back