Over 1300 photos and 110 hours later

Edit My Images
No
Over 1300 photos and 110 hours later I completed this stop motion animation.
Please go nuts, tear it apart, tell me what you would have done differently. Ask me any question about how I did it etc.

Here is the video

Gear I used:
Canon EOS 60D
11-16mm f/2.8 tokina
28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 canon Ultrasonic
50mm f/1.8 canon prime fantastic plastic (I love this lens!)
interfit 150W flash heads /w stands, softboxes, etc etc
Velbon CX640 tripod
Gig T Pro II wireless shutter release

I quite like that!
Its got that 'Little Big Planet' feel about it.

And going by your post count, welcome to the forum!

I like it, but just out of interest since you shot it all with stills, why only encode at 720p? Seems a bit of a waste. If I were to make a timelapse movie (I am planning something at the moment) I'd shoot it at at least 4K resolution and upload it as such.

I like it and the music compliments the action really nicely.

I like the part where you tear the pages off the screen - I take it they were prints placed on the screen as you can just see the colours change on the frame before they're removed.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind welcome.

I shot the images at 18MP (which is something in the order of 4000p, lol) so it is more than capable of being 1080p. I don't think that it would be overkill it was kinda out of my hands. I left it up to the nice people at i-com to re-encode the video and distribute it. So I'm at a loss myself about the 720p situation...

There is an issue with the conclusion I think. However, since I created the thing in a effort to put across the process of a website build the conclusion is 'the website'. I really didn't know what else to do other than put the url at the end so people can go and see it for themselves. But you are right! Other people have said this too me as well :)

Phil: You are absolutely correct! They are prints that Ben and I placed on the screen in-between shots :p

Please, if any of you have any technical questions about this don't be afraid to ask. I wont be keeping any secrets ;)

Cheers Jay, Just out of interest, did you watch it more than once? If you did, do you think that has anything to do with the feeling of it ending like it does?

Isn't ICOM a brand name of a communcation equipment manufacturer ?

Your thinking of the HICOM phone system by Siemens Communications, which has now been replaced by the HIPATH system. My dad works for Siemens Communication as a field engineer for those systems and goes around all over the country doing maintainence, installation etc of them for companies.

I do like that, the only thing I would say (Which could work in your favour) is that there is so much going on at once in places that you have to watch it over a few times to fully appreciate the work that has gone into it.

I don my hat to you sir, impressive work!

Loved it! Great work very impressive

Love it, lots of hard work no doubt gone in to this production. The music really does work.

Thanks,

Dave

Back