Over inquisitive Calves

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Went for a walk this afternoon through some rather muddy fields only to be greeted by literally a solid wall of calves blocking my path.

They seemed very interested in my camera and at first did not want to budge out of my way and I was worried I could end up with a load of slime from their snouts all over my 50mm 1.4G which would have been pretty annoying!

They did eventually shift and allowed me to pass through, but they then proceeded to follow me to the other end of the field.

1/250s f/2.0 at 50.0mm iso200

original.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have to bw really careful when shooting heard of animals as invariably there is a cut of ear / intruding snout that can be distracting. You unfortunately have both...

I think you have to bw really careful when shooting heard of animals as invariably there is a cut of ear / intruding snout that can be distracting. You unfortunately have both...

I did have another shot which seemed to isolate #200341 a bit better but it did not seem to show the fact it was part of a big herd to the same degree. I had not really considered the "distracting" element of having parts of other cows in the frame.

1/250s f/2.0 at 50.0mm iso200
original.jpg

Last edited:
I much prefer that second shot - maybe a gnats more space on the right hand side would have been good but I'm being very picky now ;)

I like the DOF and you have focused well on the eyes (y)

Back