Overclockers = cowboys

Sorry to hear this.

I'm a regular on their forums and have had many dealings with them in the past regarding faulty goods. I've recently had a faulty motherboard from them but they refunded straight away as I had already purchased another. Also had a faulty Logitech G25 which they replaced within a few days.

Strange that they wouldn't refund you as it's the law that they should.

And I can agree that some of their admin team on the forums are mini hitlers :D

Spread it on their forums. Dunno what else to suggest. Attack the head honcho directly, sounds like an egocentric k******d.

You think you can just walk into someones garden and start pulling up daisies without them noticing? You'll be gone quicker than a quick thing going quickly.

Yeah, but they are moderated by the Gestapo :bat: :shake: :bat:

Some of whom are my friends. They're only enforcing the rules to make the forum run smoothly. Some of the rules are a little crazy but the mods I know are really awesome people.

I know a lot of people are saying that they've been lucky with OcUK and it might be true. Theres a lot of history, lots of threads around from people who've had very bad experiences. But then given the size of the net you can read bad things on everything. OcUK does have its classic problems though.

Spread it on their forums. Dunno what else to suggest. Attack the head honcho directly, sounds like an egocentric k******d.

Any such post there would last about as long as the hadron collider and the poster would be minus their account as quickly.

Some of whom are my friends. They're only enforcing the rules to make the forum run smoothly. Some of the rules are a little crazy but the mods I know are really awesome people.

Yeah, point taken. Perhaps i should have put it differently, as like you say they (the moderators) are following the (strict) rules layed down by Spie.

Bought some RAM off them once and it didn't arrive. Had to wait 20 days for them to send out some more which was knackered and had to be returned after loads of investigation with memory tools to prove it was that. All other transactions I have had have been good though.

Sorry to hear about the issues with ocuk, I had considered using them several times however after reading forum sites around the web steered clear.

Have you tried trading standards yet?

Hope you get it all sorted.

If not a dell 2408 what would you consider?
I was considering this monitor for a future purchase, however I may look else where.....

Trading standards is now via Consumer Direct which is an advice line that although helpful is telling me what I already know - write a letter, give them a time limt and then take legal action.

As for an alternative monitor, I'm not sure - the High Colour/True Colour/Wide Gamut seem to introduce too many problems with colour management at the moment and there doesn't seem to be much else around unless you want to spend £700+ although a few were suggested in a recent thread in the Comp/Web/Tech section...

Do what consumer direct have told you. Just follow the correct procedures and you should be sorted, basically what it comes down to is the item your purchased is not fit for purpose and you are quite rightly entitled to a refund under DSR the fact you used a business email address has no affect on your purchase as you did not purchase it through a business account. What it will ultimately come down to is a claim at the county court and for a district judge to decide on the outcome from my understanding.

Tough one to call really. My principles say take legal action and then pursue the debt until it's settled but it's long old process and I've got better things to do with my time when I could simply get Dell to swap the monitor for a good one and then sell it on. Admittedly I'd lose a few quid and OC will have gotten away with it but they won't have cost me any more time and hassle.

Swings and roundabouts...

I have also had a poor experience with OC. I sent an item back for a refund and they took 3 months to pay me the money back and that was only after I threatened legal action. The net is full of stories of people who have had bad experiences with OC and in fairness many who have not. But you only need to read the general discussion section in their forums to get an idea of the sort of people the moderators and staff are.
I try to use Scan if I can.

Just to add some balance, I have used them for over 5 years and have never had any issues and have had to return a few bits in my time.

I have no problems with the mods on OcUK either. But like has been said already, Spie is a total spanner.

I've never had trouble with them, I RMA'd a faulty mobo and requested a refund which was sorted in the same week.

Well I had a response this morning:

The display its self it was inspected by three difference engineers here and no fault could be found with the display the back light is clear and even and all colours are displayed in bright and even tones. It had been an experience of ours after years of dealing with LCD displays that photographs of the displays themselves can be very miss leading. We are confident to stand behind our rejection of this display and dispute that there are any fault as per your description.

Final notice before action letter is on it's way (CC'd the MD's home address thanks to a helpful PM), and then off to court we go just in time for New Year :LOL:

Never had bad/DOA kit from them, touch wood, but their customer service is about as useful as Peter Mandelson at a heterosexual swingers party; and they have a tendency to greatly exaggerate how quickly they will despatch your order.

Dell confirmed today (in writing) the monitor is faulty. I think I might give OC one last chance to accept responsibility, can't see how they could argue it's not faulty when the manufacturer says it is :LOL:

Dell confirmed today (in writing) the monitor is faulty. I think I might give OC one last chance to accept responsibility, can't see how they could argue it's not faulty when the manufacturer says it is :LOL:

I don't understand OC's beef. Did they buy this monitor as part of a non-returnable job lot from Dell? Surely if the screen is knackered, they'll just send it back to Dell and get a replacement? I can't wait to find out how this plays out.

I RMA'd a DOA'd Graphics card to them...

They offered me a LESSER graphics card for the one i'd returned, as they hadn't the one I bought in stock anymore.

needless to say, I threatened legal action, stating that I have a right to an upgrade, not a downgrade.

After weeks, and weeks, and weeks. They cracked. Gave me the top of the line card available.

Well....

Overclockers have now finally agreed to a refund. Dell have been fanstastic in helping to get this sorted so a big (y) for them.

Now, how long do you think I'll have to wait for OC to actually issue the refund? Prize for the first person to guess the date it appears in my account, and no it won't be a OC discount voucher :LOL:

Oh for the love of god...

Just had an email from OC - they've received the monitor back and are now testing it, it will take 5-7 days and if it's not faulty they'll send it back.

This, despite the RMA notes clearly stating it should be taken to the returns manager for an immediate refund.

"I am at queue position 3"

Where's the pxl8 sticks a gun to his head and pulls the trigger smiley? :LOL:

Oh I've been tempted ;)

So, they say the refund has been processed... but not all of it. They managed to miss out all the delivery charges and their "testing" fee. They said they'll sort it out but my breath is not held on that one.

Honestly I think I would have been treated better buying a caravan from a traveller's site :LOL:

Well I had a response this morning:

Final notice before action letter is on it's way (CC'd the MD's home address thanks to a helpful PM), and then off to court we go just in time for New Year :LOL:

He's in whistler at the moment, skiing (according to forum posts), so he wont receive that.

Personally I've not had a bad experience with them, but then on the occasion that i have had to RMA anything I've taken it to the shop, and to be fair, last time I was given a product that was worth about £70 more as an exchange (graphics card). However, I have heard loooots of bad stories, and they have said themselves that customer support is something that needs to be addressed.

Stick to your guns bro. I bought a monitor from a high street store not long ago and had to return it for the same reason, they had no real clue what they were talking about and backed down fairly easily. No-one wants a ****ty monitor!.

Shocking, free speech should be the number 1 rule of any forum (within reason)....

Gary.
You're right of course Gary, but some people just don't know when to stop. I have had many issues with idiots on my forum, even to the point in the extreme of banning them. They then start up a facebook or other site simply taking the ****.

People should grow up in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - I got a refund :eek:

for £13.78, the delivery fee for the original order.

Just £445.03 to go then :(

OC say they did refund it all but the bank refused to accept the rest (insert talking out their backside smiley here).

I'm trying really hard to find some sympathy for them, I really am... but I can't :LOL:

Fanfare please...

7 weeks after returning the monitor a refund has finally arrived. I feel faint.... nurse... nurse!

:LOL:

Back