weekly Owen's 52:2012 - Week 18: Garden macro experimentation

Name
Owen
Edit My Images
No
Hi all I completed a 365 project last year. Instead of continuing this for 2012, I opted to try and go for quality over quantity and do a 52 week project instead.
Below are the photos in my 52 so far:

Week 1: Feeding the ducks at the lake in a strong wind. These birds were almost stationary right in front of me.

Week 2: "Please play with me"

Week 3: I built a DIY light box/tent and tried to replicate this very common shoe shot. Converted to B&W in Lightroom

Week 4: A double rainbow shot out of my office window with my new D7000. Just upgraded from a D60.

Week 5: I attempted to get a nice moon shot using my M42 fit 300mm prime, but its a bit too blurry for my liking

Week 6: A 30 second exposure overlooking the lake at a local golf club - I used a poor mans big stopper, aka a sheet of welding glass. Colour corrected and converted to B&W in Lightroom

Last edited:
Week 7: I got some cheap macro extension tubes (non AF ones) and tried to recreate a limited light portrait I'd seen on another forum but using a Lego Indiana Jones instead.

Week 8: Refillable pencil again using the extension tubes. Converted to B&W and grain added in Lightroom

Week 9: These grow on the bank of the river which runs across the road from my office. Not seen them before so I though they were worth a photo.

I think I'm up to date... :p I have trouble keeping track of the weeks.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Owen some nice pics but a title or some explanation would be good

My apologies for the lack of descriptions, I was trying to catch up. In fact until yesterday I wasn't sure that I hadn't missed any :p I've only posted them in a Flickr group thus far which makes it a little hard to keep track of what weeks I've posted. I've added a few comments

Some macro experimentation with a decorative set of seashells I found in our bathroom

The first beautiful day of the year so far, spring is well and truly here

Hi Owen....apologies for not popping in before...you have some great images in here (y)

Love those bluebells...nice to see a different angle (y)

The shell image is beautiful...lovely tones , simple & very effective...can see this one framed & large on a wall :clap:

Waterfall....love it...nuff said :clap:

Keep the images coming.....I'll make a point of nipping back soon (y)

This week I attempted to re-create that 1950s Hollywood portrait look. Thanks to my gorgeous wife for posing, and my sister-in-law for the two hours of hair & makeup.

What a lovely shot; I think you've achieved what you set out to do, and I bet your wife quite enjoyed it didn't she?

Very nice! That could have been such an ordinary snap, but you've managed to capture something (not sure what), that makes it quite abstract. I love it :)

Back