owzat_1s.jpg

owzat_2s.jpg

owzat_3s.jpg

owzat_4s.jpg

owzat_5s.jpg

owzat_6s.jpg

owzat_7s.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm going to Bristol on tuesday so hopefully I'll get something similar (if Glos are in the field!)

BTW - how many photos did you have to take to get those?

Fantabulous! I can never get in the right position for cricket shots.......there is always a bloody umpire in the way!

I love the fact that these were taken so fast that WE knew he was out before HE did!

Excellent series, action well frozen(y)(y)

Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm going to Bristol on tuesday so hopefully I'll get something similar (if Glos are in the field!)

BTW - how many photos did you have to take to get those?

I took a 4GB card full (300 images ?)

It took me a while to find a decent shooting angle, and I took my 1Ds MKII with me also, but soon realised it couldn't hack it against the 40D for this kind of shooting, it's superb (and great fun)

I was only there for a couple of hours, I'd been out with the dogs most of the afternoon, and saw a match in progress on our way home, so I dropped the dogs of at home, and came back, it took me an hour or so to get the sequence I wanted (above) , and then sat in the sunshine with a glass of ale watching Otley's finest battle it out :)

thats a good photo story, well captured too

Great series Les (as always!) with some very good detail. I wish you'd stop showing examples of that Sigma, I'm hiring one from Stewart for Badminton next weekend. :D

They say every picture tells a story and the expression in the last one certainly does.

Some very good photos there.

A vey well caught sequence Les :clap:
The expression makes it for me too (y)

Im not sure Glo will be in BRISTOL on Tuesday, but if she is, I would hope they would be covered up!! :naughty: :D :LOL:

it took me an hour or so to get the sequence I wanted (above) , and then sat in the sunshine with a glass of ale watching Otley's finest battle it out :)

Sounds like the best way to spend a couple of hours :beer:
and you came home with a cracking set of shots (y)

Great set but the last is a real winner on its own - tells the whole story. (y)

Great set but the last is a real winner on its own - tells the whole story. (y)

The first one tells the whole story.............he took his eyes off the ball.
Well done from a complete novice.:clap:

Very nice :)

I just get sequences of nothing happening whenever I try!

I really can't add anything to what's already been said... I just wanted to say superb!

Thanks everyone :)

Luckily I didn't have to scramble any hills, fall in a river or get covered in bird s**t to get the shots, just a pleasurable afternoon in the sunshine.

Cheeryrig-Yes, I was in two minds about including the spectator in the shot, I thought he would provide some context?

Hacker- Enjoy your lens hire-you won't want to give it back-and get some weight training in before you try and lift it ;)

Great sequence Les.

Super sharp images and you caught the action perfect.(y)

cracking set Les, again (y)

Hee Hee! Very enjoyable sequence. Surprised that the 40D is better at this game than your 1 but there you go. (y)

Superb! :clap::clap::clap:

Hee Hee! Very enjoyable sequence. Surprised that the 40D is better at this game than your 1 but there you go. (y)

Burst rate/buffer empty time/cleaner high ISO/1.6 factor the 1Ds MKII just couldn't compete here, although the 40D has nowhere near the muscle power of the dsII, I didn't need the extra pixels, quicker focussing etc. in this instance.

A very important element is missing in these shots, and that is the ball lol. Otherwise nice stuff. :)

A very important element is missing in these shots, and that is the ball lol. Otherwise nice stuff. :)

So what's that round red shiny thing in 1 and 2 then? :thinking:

If I may offer some criticism Les. Far too much space between bat and pad, left foot nowhere near the pitch of the ball and he completely failed to spot the "yorker" :LOL:

Fantastic set of images though (y)

Hi Les,

excellent, if he'd been looking at the ball when trying to hit it, he might actually have managed it :D.

Back