Oxford.

Name
Tracy
Edit My Images
No
Was in Oxford back in June (looking for a film set :LOL:) and took a few random photos while I was there, this in one of them :)

C&C welcome.

Tracy.

Oxford.jpg

I have to agree about the sky, it was a really dull day :shake:, ive tried to make it a bit better but if anyone has any tips on how to improve it, please let me know :shrug: - thanks. :)

Tracy.

Oxford0.jpg

I kinda think the original sky suited the overall colour and light of the image - just wonder if anything can be done abut the converging verticals?

Its a lovely shot of that bridge nonetheless :)

I kinda think the original sky suited the overall colour and light of the image - just wonder if anything can be done abut the converging verticals?

Its a lovely shot of that bridge nonetheless :)

Yes, i thought that it also suited the image but as a couple of people had commented I thought I would see what I could do :LOL:

Wanted to ask (as I still trying hard to learn) what do you mean about the converging verticals :thinking:

Tracy.

To the left and right of the screen the vertical walls of the buildings are moving inward as they approach the top of the image. Use of the perspective feature when you crop (at least in CS which is all I have) can straighten them but it needs careful use as it can lead to distortion if over done :)!

Hope that helps - but there are others much more proficient than me who can explain it better I'm sure :)

To the left and right of the screen the vertical walls of the buildings are moving inward as they approach the top of the image. Use of the perspective feature when you crop (at least in CS which is all I have) can straighten them but it needs careful use as it can lead to distortion if over done :)!

Hope that helps - but there are others much more proficient than me who can explain it better I'm sure :)

No, thank you, think I will leave well alone though, as knowing me I will muck it up :D

Tracy.

Hi,

Hope you dont mind had a bit of a play, have deleted and replaced the sky and adjusted the levels a bit on hte street, this was a quick go by duplicating the layer in photoshop, drop the saturation right down, paint all areas to keep black, the colour select the black area, inverse the selection, then make sure you sample all areas and use this as a layer to delete the sky, then you just replace it with new sky. If you want me to delete let me know.

Oxford_copy.jpg

Last edited:
And here's the shot with some of the vertical distortion corrected...hope you don't mind.

Oxford.jpg

Hi,

Hope you dont mind had a bit of a play, have deleted and replaced the sky and adjusted the levels a bit on hte street, this was a quick go by duplicating the layer in photoshop, drop the saturation right down, paint all areas to keep black, the colour select the black area, inverse the selection, then make sure you sample all areas and use this as a layer to delete the sky, then you just replace it with new sky. If you want me to delete let me know.

Oxford%20copy.jpg

WOW, thank you, and will copy down how to do that - than you :clap: :clap:

Tracy.

Also would like to thank Hunter20ga for the correction, this site is amazing, im learning all the time :D

Tracy.

Also would like to thank Hunter20ga for the correction, this site is amazing, im learning all the time :D

Tracy.

Thanks...but I'm only passing on what others have helped me learn! You're right, this is a fantastic place to learn the ins and outs of photography, processing and presentation. And there's such a great array of talent...you're always going to find someone who knows how to do whatever it is you need some help with. I'm just glad you let us Americans in. :)

Thanks...but I'm only passing on what others have helped me learn! You're right, this is a fantastic place to learn the ins and outs of photography, processing and presentation. And there's such a great array of talent...you're always going to find someone who knows how to do whatever it is you need some help with. I'm just glad you let us Americans in. :)

Lol, Americans I love them :D, went to Seattle in August and didnt want to come home, am saving now so that I can travel and see as much of the US as I can (y)

Tracy.

WOW, thank you, and will copy down how to do that - than you :clap: :clap:

Tracy.

Not a problem was a plesure, as Hunter said this is a great place and am passing on knolage from here.

Back