Oxton church

Edit My Images
Yes
taken about 2 minutes before a snow shower, the sun just lit the church as i was passing.
churchcon.jpg

comments please.

Looks very good, almost picture postcard like (I mean as a compliment;) )

Thanks for sharing:thumb:

Very nice. The sun on the church contrasts nicely with that moody sky.

great, getting a very nice from CT made my day :banana:

Its a pity that both sides of the clocktower are being lit almost evenly - make it look a little flat. But I suppose that unless you're God, moving the sun a bit to the left isn't really an option ;)

Love the picture but worried about who was driving

Very good spot Stev ... great moody dark sky behind the church really makes it different ! Well spotted and re-acted !

Just a shade to the left or right and you would have gotten the left kerb or the centre white line in the left corner of the photo to lead the eye in nicely ... really would have strengthened the composition no end ... imo of course !

Lovely shot though m8 & TFS ...

like this one Ven..
church2.jpg

I used to live in Oxton and it had a church, but it looks different to that one. There's another Oxton :shock: Nice pic btw :)

Not bad Stev ... taken the liberty, and very quickly of cropping ever so slightly to show you what I was trying to get across ... Not done anything else (apart from lose the frame along the way somehow and not sure if it does the job but it works better for me !

End of the day it is your pic though ...
church3.jpg

Hope you don't mind me playing ?

Very good Boon, I do think I prefer your wider version of the scene - the composition is just more pleasing somehow.
Lovely exposure too.
Thanks for sharing:)

thank you all for your comments
@Ven
i dont mind at all you playing with the photo, but i do agree with mike, i llike the wider version better.

Boon said:
thank you all for your comments
@Ven
i dont mind at all you playing with the photo, but i do agree with mike, i llike the wider version better.

's cool Stev ! :thumb:

Definately prefer the wider shot also, gives the church much more presence, the tighter croop gave the impression that there was something close by that might have been distracting.
:thumb:

Back