weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 17 : Structure

Like that in mono especially. Baffled though. Is it some kind of wormy thing?
Thanks :) Yes indeed - it's a wormy thing. Wormy lives down there - hidden :)

"Lugworms live in burrows in the sand both on the beach and in the sandy seabed. Their burrows are u-shaped and are formed by the lugworm swallowing sand and then pooing it out, creating wiggly piles of sand along the shoreline. These are known as casts."

At first I thought it was a chain half buried in the sand and had to do a double take, +1 as above the mono suits it well.
Cheers Ryan :)

Whole: Great shot.. makes me feel a bit dizzy!
Hidden: Lovely idea and well executed. Looks a bit like chinese!

Whole: Great shot.. makes me feel a bit dizzy!
Hidden: Lovely idea and well executed. Looks a bit like chinese!
Ta muchly Helen :)

Week 10 : Texture

Taking a shortcut to the train station whilst on a freelance toggery job down in Wigan yesterday and saw this brick wall that looks fit to collapse, and has looked that way for at least ten years that I know of!

i-6jkKZ4W-XL.jpg

Nice one!! Decaying texture. If you did a square crop of the middle and said it was tree bark, nobody would question you.

Nice one!! Decaying texture. If you did a square crop of the middle and said it was tree bark, nobody would question you.
Thanks Bob :)

Nice one... amazing that its still standing!
Thanks :) I guess it's partially due to it being the back wall of a yard and not load bearing. It is, however, next to a footpath so needs to be fixed!

Hidden - very ethereal. Thought it was waves to begin with.

Texture - great because of the unusual texture.
Cheers Kell :)

Bit of pointing, a few bricks and a lot of work will be good as new possibly

Week 11 : Personal & tech

My current EDC (Every Day Carry) with two of its predeccesors - on our vibrant table mats :)

Nikon strap on the Zf is off the F3.

i-vWbsdQX-X2.jpg

Back