weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingamabob for 2024 : WEEK 17 : Structure

Super shots, enhanced effectively by processing. Possible to see a before and after?And how you did it? I wouldn't know where to start.

Ta :)

In Lightroom I use the FAWS method (F*** about with sliders) Typically I hit the B&W button, up with Dehaze, a bit of Clarity then bring back detail with the Shadows slider. Tweak to taste :)

Cracking shots,. Haven't been too Highgate for a long time - its a fascinating place and the stories behind some of the mausoleums are really interesting. Love the heavy processing - it really suits the mood of the place. It has an infrared feel about it.

Love the processing on these Dave, perfect subjects for mono. I do wonder if it would be possible for a slightly lower/ closer perspective on the first shot to keep the church spires out of sight?
Agree on the processing, really caught my attention. Personally I liked the spires, added rather than distracted.

I think that it's the reflection in the photo that does it for me! It's just as sharp as the main image, nice work!
Took me a while to realise you're (I think) talking about 'empty' from two weeks ago.

Ta :)

Back