P and S

Might be better if you find one you like the look of and then ask for opinions of it.

How about another 5D Karen:LOL:
I am not up to date with them but Fuji are usualy pretty good in this area.

I hope the weather stays good for you then.

any of the olympus ones, my kids all have one and get some great shots for the prices we paid, Make sure they have a re chargable battery though, i got the youngest one with aa s could have bought 3 or 4 more cameras for what it costs me in batteries:bang:

I think you'll have to add more information on your requirements.
Most of the the small ones I've looked at recently produce images that are generally well exposed (particularly landscapes and people shots), but forget about viewing them at 100%, printing bigger than A4 or cropping much. They look like water colour paintings viewed at 100%. 50% is usually OK, though.

Perhaps you'd like to look for one with manual modes (which got kind of rare, particularly in the cheapo segment) or at least with an optical viewfinder - I'd say that's priceless if you have to take photos with it around noon.

How about a G9?

I am, by no stretch of the imagination and expert,but I've had some fab results from mine since I down-sized for our holiday from a 350D-and it shoots in RAW if you want it too. The only problem is that it isn't within your price range...

I picked up a Canon A710is from Canon Outlet on ebay 'refurb' £75 inc P&P not a mark on it cant fault it, 6x optical zoom with IS, auto/manual over rides, 2.5" lcd.

Or Canon Ixus 75 £130 from currys.

I didnt want to get caught up with manual etc as I have that in my everyday job (wedding and portrait photographer) I only wanted a simple point and shoot thing I could take for convenience when I had the kids to contend with as well. Haha it wasnt easy looking at them though I couldnt get excited if I tried about buying one LOL, finally I settled on an Oly as it appeared good value for money and the photos seem very acceptable. Thanks for all suggestions

Back