Pack MFT lenses more efficiently in camera bag

Edit My Images
Yes
I have quite a few mircro four-thirds lenses It can be a problem that camera bags are made for much bigger full-frame lenses - you don't have enough velcro dividers and they don't use the available depth of the bag.

My solution is to buy a number of generic MFT lens backcaps and superglue them together back-to-back. This enables you to put two lenses into one space in a bag without them bouncing up and down and hitting each other. For storage purposes, they become one long lens. When you need them, you just divide them - and it's harder to lose the backcap.

This uses up the full depth of the bag, and frees up space for other things (eg a flashgun or a pork pie :)

See below a Sigma 19mm f2.8 and a Panasonic 25mm f1.8 back-to-back.

It works best if you use quality thick superlue and an aerosol activator. Squeeze a bead of glue around the edge of one backcap and put the lid back on (you don't want activator getting in the hold and blocking it by setting the glue). Spray activator over the back of the other backcap, then bring them together. You get less than a second to adjust before the glue sets, so line them up carefully.

lenses 3.png

What a super idea .at the moment I keep mine in old lens pouches for protection

I also bound mine with electrical tape for extra strength as well as having something that might give you a visual clue before it fails.

Great idea though. And applicable to all lenses not just MFT :)

Back