Pack of German Shepherd Dogs

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
My friend is a GSd breeder and these are some of her dogs. :)

All pics were taken with natural light. It was snowing when i took the shots and it was getting a bit dark.

1 Robbie
sigrob.jpg

sigrobbie2.jpg

Shenka who is 11 years old :eek:
sigshenka_1.jpg

sigshenkawithball.jpg

Meika
sigmeika.jpg

Jules who is 6- 8 months
sigjules3.jpg

All these dogs are mad lol

Lovely dogs, just look a little underexposed.

Lovely dogs, just look a little underexposed.

:plus1:

I took some of horses on snow - snow came out blue too

on snow I set my EV to +1 for more light
and set the WB for "shade"

Pup in the last two shots has a beautiful head.

What metering did you use spot, centre or matrix?

Just seen the exif present and set to pattern or matrix as otherwise known.

you would have been better to set to spot or even centre weighted to expose correctly for the dogs.

Some info

The majority of SLR camera's will give you a choice of at least three different metering systems. The names of the modes will differ depending on your camera model.

•Matrix metering on Nikon camera's is called either Pattern or Evaluative on other models.

•Most brands all name the second mode, Center-weighted metering or very close to it.

•Whereas Spot metering found on Nikon SLR's, basically work similar to Partial metering on Canon digital camera's.

When to use Matrix (Pattern, Evaluative) metering modes
Matrix, Pattern and Evaluative are considered good all-round metering modes. The camera sets the exposure automatically to suit the scene, taking into consideration both dark and light area's. It's considered good for evenly backlit subjects like portraiture and landscapes. It's also the way to go when you're not sure which metering mode to use. This is the reason why it's the default setting for fully automatic camera settings.

Matrix metering works by dividing the frame into zones, taking separate readings from each one. The camera then takes a guess at what parts of the scene are important and exposes accordingly. For the most part, it does a pretty good job at picking the correct exposure.

When to use Center-weighted metering
Center-weighted metering assigns the greatest weight for exposure from the middle area of the frame. Therefore, it's good for times when your main subject is in the middle of the frame and you want to take a quick exposure.

Center weighted metering would be effective when you have a bright background or backlit subject. For example, if you were taking a photograph of a persons face on a sunny day at the beach. You wouldn't want the strong background light, or the white sand, to effect the exposure on their face. As long as the persons face was correctly exposed, that's all that matters. It's times like this, you would choose center weighted metering.

When to use Spot or Partial metering
Spot (Nikon) or Partial (Canon) metering should be used when you want to take an exposure reading on a specific area. It takes the reading from a very small area in the middle of your composition.

You would use spot or partial metering for example, if you had a slightly shaded white bird, against a darker background. You would then take the exposure from the birds feathers and the darker background wouldn't effect the coloring.

Hope that explains things:)

Beautiful dogs, I would be lost without mine.

ah GSD's got to love em my parents had two, the first was a short haired dog who was most definitely my dads dog, the second was a long haired bitch that we got as a rescue, her kennel name was Delightful Madam and she spent every day of her life living up to it.

I Agree that these look a bit underexposed, possibly could have benefited from a bit of fill flash.

thanks for sharing these.

Back