paignton (devon) photo ideas please.

Name
tony
Edit My Images
Yes
my better half and i are off to devon for a week in jan, we have been before and love brixam photo wise but would like some more suggestions where to go please? i like to photograph most things and will travel anywhere in the devon area (y)

Just head out to dartmoor!!! Good places to photograph are Postbridge ( ancient clapper bridge ) Powder Mills ( old ruins from making gun powder )which is about half a mile on from postbridge,Princetown ( home to the prison ) and about 15 minutes from postbridge so you could do all 3 on the same day :). Widecombe is also very scenic with 2 good pubs ;), Grimspound which is the remains of a bronze age settlement. Also of course plenty of ponies,cattle and sheep :)

Just head out to dartmoor!!! Good places to photograph are Postbridge ( ancient clapper bridge ) Powder Mills ( old ruins from making gun powder )which is about half a mile on from postbridge,Princetown ( home to the prison ) and about 15 minutes from postbridge so you could do all 3 on the same day :). Widecombe is also very scenic with 2 good pubs ;), Grimspound which is the remains of a bronze age settlement. Also of course plenty of ponies,cattle and sheep :)

thanks for this info it sounds like a great days outing for us.:clap:(y)

Nearby Dartmouth for marina/boating/ferry/harbour etc.
Not too far away Teignmouth & Shaldon, quayside houses, boating, bridge over the river, coloured beach huts, boat trips etc.

Nearby Dartmouth for marina/boating/ferry/harbour etc.
Not too far away Teignmouth & Shaldon, quayside houses, boating, bridge over the river, coloured beach huts, boat trips etc.

cheers for the ideas gramps,(y) it all sounds interesting and we are going to see and do as much as possible, we hope the weather will be kind.

Last edited:
Paignton Zoo?
Brixham (especially Berry Head) - and while there, visit the Sprat and Mackerel pub on the harbour.
Dartmoor.
The river Dart.
If Mrs Viking is into retail therapy, Exeter may be worth a visit, as may Dartington.
Having visited Brixham before, I'm sure you'll have discovered the Alladin's cave called Mifsuds!

Paignton Zoo?
Brixham (especially Berry Head) - and while there, visit the Sprat and Mackerel pub on the harbour.
Dartmoor.
The river Dart.
If Mrs Viking is into retail therapy, Exeter may be worth a visit, as may Dartington.
Having visited Brixham before, I'm sure you'll have discovered the Alladin's cave called Mifsuds!

we love paignton zoo and will visit this time, we would love to explore dartmoor
and the river dart (thanks nod) i dont know how i have missed mifsuds before but will find it this time (hopefully):wacky: mrs viking does love shopping so will go to exeter and she wants to go to trego mills too, thanks again to you all for your kind help.:clap:(y)

Back