Paint play.

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Been playing with poster paint, bass speaker and black balloons again. Took about 15 images this time and got 4 keepers as the timing was tricky as i was trying different types of music to get a different throw of the paint, not shown in the setup picture i have included but i put sandwich bags over the flash guns and camera leaving only the front of the lens exposed but with a spare filter for protection and luckily after the paint launched each time it went backwards after slightly raising the front of the speaker with a pen, so no equipment was harmed in the making of these.

The set up
89949701.jpg

One of the final shots.
61274457.jpg

The flash power was set to 1/16 and i used ISO 200, shutter speed was 1/200 and an aperture of f/14.

Thanks for looking...Carl.

I've been looking at the Creative Photography, section quite a lot recently and to be quite frank, it seems that any old tat qualifies if it has just something slightly different like a long exposure or a quirky angle etc. To me they're not creative at all. Don't get me wrong a lot of them are technically great pictures but creative?? Come on lets be honest:shrug::shrug:

This picture here however, with the set up shown is what Creative Photagraphy is all about. A bit of time, effort, thought, understanding and 'creativity,' all put together (and I dare say a few failures along the way too).

The end result is very pleasing too. Well done(y)(y)

Last edited:
BRASH said:
I've been looking at the Creative Photography, section quite a lot recently and to be quite frank, it seems that any old tat qualifies if it has just something slightly different like a long exposure or a quirky angle etc. To me they're not creative at all. Don't get me wrong a lot of them are technically great pictures but creative?? Come on lets be honest:shrug::shrug:

This picture here however, with the set up shown is what Creative Photagraphy is all about. A bit of time, effort, thought, understanding and 'creativity,' all put together (and I dare say a few failures along the way too).

The end result is very pleasing too. Well done(y)(y)

Do something creative then make a comment.

I did, did you not read it:shrug:

That is quite good but be carful it does get very addictive. This is what can be achieved when yoiu have been doing this for a while.

6612389391_0901022d51_o.jpg

Any chance of giving up the secrets of doing this one - the drops/lines of paint I can maybe guess - the two 'tops' - no idea :shrug:

Hi Carl
It is more or less the same setup as you have. For sound try using the default sounds in the control panels, sound. The deeper sounds seem to work better. I use a Mumford Time machine to get the timing spot on. What you see here is one shot, as you can see the left hand sculpture is out of focus due to the lack od DOF when doing macro work.
Here is one I made eariler, one photojust cleaned it up.

6755448543_a6f98f0b45_o.jpg

Cheers

Hi Carl
It is more or less the same setup as you have. For sound try using the default sounds in the control panels, sound. The deeper sounds seem to work better. I use a Mumford Time machine to get the timing spot on. What you see here is one shot, as you can see the left hand sculpture is out of focus due to the lack od DOF when doing macro work.

6755448543_a6f98f0b45_o.jpg

Cheers

That is very very funky, looks like i might be to buy paint at the weekend then :cool:

All the images in this thread are good.

Thanks for the set up shot Carl, the final result is fantastic! Would like to see one from you with red, white and blue!

You probably remember I like paint and colour - and really like that first image.. Although scratching my head as to how I could reproduce something like that without the bouncy bass speakers that you have...

Digitall said:
Hi Carl

Cheers

Hi Digitall

Love the pictures, perhaps I'm missing something, are they washers in the paint, above the splashes?

Thanks
Neil

Truly brilliant a great set of photos. I think the simplicity of the first one is better!
Great shots! Nice to see the set up too! Brilliant thread! Like to see more

Back