Paint Shop Pro v Photoshop

I have PSP which I've use since the original version, Photoshop and various Corel packages, all good in their own way. I rarely use anything other than PSP. Photoshop was the first serious editing package on the scene and by virtue of that it's become the widest used and is recognized as the industry standard package. PSP is a very professional package these days and costs a fraction of what Photoshop does.

Is Photoshop worth the money? Probably, although the vast majority of people using it will never use more than 10% of it's capability. The same is true though of PSP.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses, none is perfect, and photographically at least, whatever you do in one, you can do in the other. I think once you've really become familiar with a particular package, there's little to be gained by making a change. :)

I'll add another package to this.
Gimp
It is free and and as powerful as both packages already mentioned.
They all have a lot of the same features so theres no real advantage having one from the other.
What you need to do is chose one, then stick with it.

Matt said:
What you need to do is chose one, then stick with it.

Absolutely! Swapping around particularly in the early stages, will just confuse the Hell out of you.

Back