Painting with Light

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm thinking about having a go at this for some car photography & wondered if anyone out there would like to share some tips please or links to web sites

For example is it easiest to use any normal type torch or will this affect the colour balance ? Alternatively should I just use trigger my flash off camera using the test button ?

All tips appreciated

Using small light sources for car photography should produce some different and interesting results, well worth a try.

The trick is to shoot in total darkness, and with no other light available to mess things up colour can be corrected if shooting on digital, up to a point.

Torches are fine, but my preferred tool is a small mains powered lamp inside a coffee cup (to shield the light from the camera).

If there's a secret to painting with light, it's to move quickly, keep the light moving all the time and to expect to have to try, try and try again. The only examples I have handy are nudes, which aren't welcome in this forum. I'll try to find an example to link to and come back with it.

Here is a link to a nude shot

Gary

Thanks for the tips - I really like the effect on the nude something a bit different

Andrew

Back