Pale Pink Rose

Name
Hannah
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple I took in my local public garden...any C&C much appreciated as I'm still a beginner :)

Rose1edit.jpg

Rose2edit.jpg

Thanks for looking

AHHH nice. Like the first one most.

Hey Han... :wave:

For me there isn't enough difference in colour between the plants and their backgrounds - that being said number one is well framed and although pale appears to be well focused with a reasonable depth of field. Number two is a throwaway in my opinion though, sorry!

If you fancy a go at still life flowers, as a top tip have a go at setting them up in your home, you have much more control over the light, can strategically place water drops on the leaves, and can of course change the background colours! (An additional bonus for a butch man like me is that nobody sees you in the flower garden taking pictures of a rose for 15 minutes trying to get one right!) :LOL:

I've got a couple of examples in my gallery of ones that were set up fairly simply at home, feel free to have a look.

Good luck!

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Chenng - yea i was really aware that the background was too similar to the actual Rose in colour! It was growing against a random white shed-type building...fiddled around in Photoshop a bit to try and make it stand out more but it was quite difficult. Thanks for the tip bout doing it at home, have done a bit before, gonna have another go soon!

first one for me, love the subtle colours! (y)

second one i would prefer if flower was a teensy bit more to the left, only my opinion though :shrug:

Thanks for the comment Ladybird :)

At firsts look they didn't look in focus but you know how eyes go when you are tired ?? :)

I really like taking photos of flowers (Yes i am a boy, big deal :p) like i like seeing how much detail i can get to show on the photo when uploaded on to the computer :)

Tony

I love the first one, its looks so delicate. I wonder if darkening the background slightly would enhance it.

Hi Han

The first one looks good but as the above peeps have said maybe it would benefit from a darker background to really make it stand out. Looks like it's nice and sharp though.

Definitely agree about shooting them indoors, much more control over the situations :D

Practice makes perfect and if not, a whole lot better ;)

Thanks for the comments guys!!

Yeah im definitely going to have another go at flowers inside...this one was outside in a park type place so unfortunately i couldnt change the background and my photoshop skills are rather limited so havnt had a go at altering the background there!! iv got some free time coming up so have a feeling i might invest in a few flowers and have a play around! thanks again for the comments :):D

I actually like the first one - reminds me of a country garden.. Well done.

Rose1editcopy-1.jpg

How about this one? I added a personal touch for hanC aswell :)

Hope you like it (y)

Tony

Back