Pale Red Kite (edits added)

cosmix3

David Sullivan
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
No
Sore this while out today, looked very pale compared to the normal Kites I see around,

IMG_2614.jpg

EDIT
IMG_2614_e2.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

EDIT
IMG_2629_e2.jpg

Light was very harsh for these shots so am not 100% happy with them, still playing with the raw to try and improve them.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Stuart,

Like the images, there is plenty of colour there. I think they are pale with the way the Sun is shining on them.

A bit of curves and levels using the red channel will bring out the detail.

John

Stuart,

Like the images, there is plenty of colour there. I think they are pale with the way the Sun is shining on them.

A bit of curves and levels using the red channel will bring out the detail.

John

Thanks John, the colour is prety much how it was, this Kite was not as red as the others I have seen.

The edit on the first one is a great improvement, you can see lots more detail. Don't know why they should be so pale though.

The edit on the first one is a great improvement, you can see lots more detail. Don't know why they should be so pale though.

Thanks, think it has some albino jeans or somthing, it was strange to see, throw me at first, knew it was a Kite but wasnt sure it was a Red.

Thanks, think it has some albino jeans or somthing, it was strange to see, throw me at first, knew it was a Kite but wasnt sure it was a Red.

The forked tail gives it away Stuart ( but I guess you knew that)

Nicely done in harsh light (y)

The forked tail gives it away Stuart ( but I guess you knew that)

Nicely done in harsh light (y)

Thanks Chris, as soon as I sore it my reaction was Red Kite, its just as it got closer it was very pale compared to the norm.

Thanks Chris, as soon as I sore it my reaction was Red Kite, its just as it got closer it was very pale compared to the norm.

You do get "washed out" colouring now and again.
its a recessive gene that pops-up occasionally.
same as buzzards and the captive red tails ( north American buzzards)

You do get "washed out" colouring now and again.
its a recessive gene that pops-up occasionally.
same as buzzards and the captive red tails ( north American buzzards)

Think that must be it Chris, was thinking along the lines of being slightly Albino, but what you say makes abit more sence I think,

It caused abit of a stir though, was a low level flyby of the duck pond. :LOL: :LOL:

nice set there Cosmix when I was photographying them I must say that I did notice there were quite a few that did look pale some looked very rich in colour which made the paler ones stand out to me so I think you are right in thinking it was pale in colour

Well I think you've done an excellent job here. Well done (y)

nice set there Cosmix when I was photographying them I must say that I did notice there were quite a few that did look pale some looked very rich in colour which made the paler ones stand out to me so I think you are right in thinking it was pale in colour

Thanks Kaz

Well I think you've done an excellent job here. Well done (y)

Thanks Alby

Brilliant shots!

Thanks Liam

Nice shots Stuart. I posted some shots of a similar looking kite at Gigrin a couple of months back. If you search for leucistic you should find it...

Nice shots Stuart. I posted some shots of a similar looking kite at Gigrin a couple of months back. If you search for leucistic you should find it...

Thanks Paul, remember those shots.:)

Back