Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1

Edit My Images
No
Anyone have this camera or know how good it is? Just wondering what make of lenses you would look at for this model.
TIA

Anyone have this camera or know how good it is? Just wondering what make of lenses you would look at for this model.
TIA

Its meant to be an excellent camera. Read a few reviews when it first came out.

It can take any 4/3 lens from Olympus or Sigma and others.

You thinking of getting one?

Maybe. Its expensive though, so I'd like to know how others get on with it.

Hi Sarah,

The reports I've read about this camera have been pretty mixed, some good, some bad. It seems to suffer badly from noise at high ISO numbers.

Are you determined that you want this camera?? It's very expensive, and the Leica lenses even more so.

There are much better conventional DSLR's for that price.

Having said all that, it seems to be a good seller:thinking:

you dont have to use the Leica lenses any 4/3 is ok.
Having said that though they are quality lenses and justify their prices.

I really don't know what to do. I have a Canon 400d but I'm not really happy with it, it just does't 'feel' right. I've looked at so many lately, they're all blurring into one!! I've also thought about the 30d. Any recommendations?

I really don't know what to do. I have a Canon 400d but I'm not really happy with it, it just does't 'feel' right. I've looked at so many lately, they're all blurring into one!! I've also thought about the 30d. Any recommendations?

I thought the same when i had the 400d and ended up sending it back. Just recently got a Olympus E-510 and am very happy with it. It feels right in my hands, and is brimming with all of the latest features (IS, Dust Cleaning etc)

Just remember its a lens system you're buying into. Goto Jessops, try the Nikon D50, D80, or the Canon 30D.

Or even the Pentax models, they have a great range of lenses and are pretty well regarded.

I'm not sure that the Lumix justifies its high price tag.

Just remember its a lens system you're buying into. Goto Jessops, try the Nikon D50, D80, or the Canon 30D.

Very True.

However the kit lens quality on the Olympus is excellent and better than most of the competition (not my opinion as i have not tried many others). Also sigma lenses are available in four-thirds mount for no additional cost.

Thats the exact reason why i bought olympus (y) Competition was crap ;)

[s1]Olympus Rocks![/s1]

Back