Panasonic TZ5 or Canon IXUS 90

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi to everybody who reads this message, I am a new member of this site and would appreciate some advice from regular members.

I am looking to buy one of the cameras mentioned above, as I cannot come to a decision by reading reviews etc I was hoping you guys could give me your views on both.

I have heard that the Canon one will produce better image quality and I also like the fact that you can record in Hi Def, but I do like the idea of the wide angle lens and 10x zoom on the Panasonic.

Please help !

Shaun

I am no help as I have not used either, but I expect someone will come along and be able to help.

Welcome to the forum though :)

Sorry can't compare but I have an old Canon IXUS 40 and I bought my wife a Canon Ixus 85IS recently. Excellent Point and Shoot and as you say - stunning picture quality for a compact.

I believe the Canon Ixus 980 has a wider lens but is quite pricey at present.

Thank you for your comments, I suppose the best thing I can do is find somewhere that will let me have a little play with both. Then decide from there.

As most people probably haven't had the chance to try both, what are your opinions on the two makes Canon and Panasonic? Is there anything I should be looking out for? ie any known faults from them makes.

Thanks
Shaun

funny how opinions differ, we have an ixus 70 and frankly it is useless except for short video clips of the family

Back