B&W Pancake Street Photography

Dan - reading through the crit on TP makes me recall my days in business when a business advisor called my style of management a 'Consultative Autocrat' - in other words - yes I will consult but then I made MY mind up on the final decision as it was 'my head on the block' . The principle is the same with photography - ask for crit & pick out any bits you can learn from then say sod everybody else & do your own thing - unless you are being paid by a client of course. So please be tru to yourself as I quite like your street stuff otherwise I wouldn't look out for your posts :)

Dan - reading through the crit on TP makes me recall my days in business when a business advisor called my style of management a 'Consultative Autocrat' - in other words - yes I will consult but then I made MY mind up on the final decision as it was 'my head on the block' . The principle is the same with photography - ask for crit & pick out any bits you can learn from then say sod everybody else & do your own thing - unless you are being paid by a client of course. So please be tru to yourself as I quite like your street stuff otherwise I wouldn't look out for your posts :)

Thanks John,

When I first did some lit portraits, I thought I was happy with them - until people pointed out the direction of light was all wrong :D and now I've improved that.

I guess the formula for street photography is non existent...

The only thing that remains true is... "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Dan I think you need a thick skin to put pics up for crit. No matter how much you say you (not you specifically) have a thick skin some comments can be - mmmmmm - well they can. My crit is vey measured in that if I don't care for the pic I simply don't reply - I'm not on TP for an argument but I love looking at the pics and feel it is important to see the positive side in any I do reply to. So there :)

Back