party picture

Name
Zak Millard
Edit My Images
Yes
leahsarahportiacolorpop_copy_-_Copysmall.jpg

this is a very noisy picture i know but i was hand held with quite low light at a party, as you can see i have popped the color and have edited a bit, just wnat to hear what you think to it and any suggestions to getting rid of or helping to control the noise?
leahsarahportiacolorpop_copy_-_Copysmalltouse.jpg

Last edited:
I like it. No idea how you could control the noise (I'm a total beginner with a DSLR :D )

One slight thing, just under the right arm of the lady in the centre is a small black mark (not sure if it's part of the lefthand lady's arm or not) but my eye keeps going to it.

Love the selective colour works really well

oh yes i hadnt noticed that thnks il get right too it! thank you for the commentss !!!

i think that was the distracting bit you meant wasn't it ?

Nice shot, but I dont think the selective colouring works here at all, her dress just isnt vibrant enough to carry it off, Id keep the pic in full colour, can we see that one? :)

leah_sarah_portia_small.jpg

heres original i think the popped one works alot better its a boring picture but the pop makes it more appealing i think.

hey sweeny dont worry iv only just learnt lol in cs3 get your image and create a new layer so you should have your original picture and a duplicate layer (if you dont know how to do this just ask lol) then on the duplicate layer create a layer mask. next make the duplicate layer b/w. then click on the layer mask (the white square next to your duplicate layer) the square should be white, take the brush tool 'paint' the bit you want in color, with the opposite color to the layer mask this should be black. you must be on the layer mask though. this should make the bit you paint the original color. sorry its confusing it is easier to show some one lol hope it helps though.

oh man erm do you understand cs3? or are you new to that aswell? its really hard to explain lol what do you know in photoshop cs3? :)

oh cool well welcome lol erm i learnt off of my work experience lady lol shes really good, but id try good old google try : photoshop layers and layer masks or photoshop color popping. or you could try youtube lol good luck mate when you get it youl kick your self lol let me know when you master it and post me a picture! speak soon mate

Back