passport photos to 6x4 grid

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi to all

im looking to purchase an app or something to that effect
were by i can click on it and drop/drag photos to a 6x4 grid

have the photos printed with the end result being a 6x4 piece of paper with 4 photos on it
i dont have photoshop/lightroom
nor the skills to design one

can anyone help me please

much appreciated
B

Just some thoughts......

Does the type of print need to be "compliant" to a standard e.g. dye sub not inkjet???

As for templates, if you have a compatible Epson printer their Epson Print Layout is IMO superb for straightforward layouts

When you normally print is there an option for Index Print, rather than full size?
If so select the 4 photos you want and set it to Index, you should get the option of how many Rows and Columns you want, in your case you would set them both to 2
If you want 4 copies of the same photo simply select the 1 photo and change the copies setting to 4
You then set the paper size to 6*4 or 4*6, you may have to select rotate to fit,
It all depends on your printer driver, some are easier to use than others.

Last edited:
I did our passport photos at home using my Nikon D810 with a 24-70mm lens on a tripod. Set the camera up about 5ft away and lined up the shot for head and shoulders in colour, subject
against a plain wall. then edit it to passport size to meet requirement. Printed out on Ilford Galarie smooth gloss paper. that was accepted. The annoying thing is I sent it in colour and on the passport it was monchrome (black and white). Doing it this way on can make as many copies as one wants

Last edited:
I did our passport photos at home using my Nikon D810 with a 24-70mm lens on a tripod. Set the camera up about 5ft away and lined up the shot for head and shoulders in colour, subject
against a plain wall. then edit it to passport size to meet requirement. Printed out on Ilford Galarie smooth gloss paper. that was accepted. The annoying thing is I sent it in colour and on the passport it was monchrome (black and white). Doing it this way on can make as many copies as one wants
A good point.....IIRC when I renewed my passport I used one of those photo booths and the photos are in colour but more importantly (this is the UK) the pictures had a code to be used online and unlike older passports there is no physical photo stuck into it. The photos are, colour and B&W are digitally printed.

Just some thoughts......

Does the type of print need to be "compliant" to a standard e.g. dye sub not inkjet???

As for templates, if you have a compatible Epson printer their Epson Print Layout is IMO superb for straightforward layouts
it needs to be printed by a high quality printer (i use fuji centre) i have tried print at home
but the colours dont last very long plus ink and stoppages cause too many problems

As for printer I have a Epson XP-950 which has now been updated. what I don't use is compatible ink cartridges they I find clog up the printer jets

Last edited:
The shots are fine its the editing im looking at (were to edit easily)

Is this what you're looking for?

This could be what im looking for Thankyou i will sit down and check it out and report back

just to give you the back ground of what im doing .As a shcools photographer i sell lots of key rings all 35mmx46.6mm the quality has to be good

Any of these help???

And for printing. ..

Hi to all

im looking to purchase an app or something to that effect
were by i can click on it and drop/drag photos to a 6x4 grid

have the photos printed with the end result being a 6x4 piece of paper with 4 photos on it
i dont have photoshop/lightroom
nor the skills to design one

can anyone help me please

much appreciated
B

I’m not sure exactly what you need and I don’t know what “Fuji centre“ is BUT I think many online photo printing service do that from a single print. In UK Boots for example do 4-up on 6x4 paper online. They call them “stickers” so maybe they are sticky backed and I see they have a white border between the photos so may not be exactly what you want. I think just ask your “Fuji centre” or try them online if that’s what they are.

I’m not sure exactly what you need and I don’t know what “Fuji centre“ is BUT I think many online photo printing service do that from a single print. In UK Boots for example do 4-up on 6x4 paper online. They call them “stickers” so maybe they are sticky backed and I see they have a white border between the photos so may not be exactly what you want. I think just ask your “Fuji centre” or try them online if that’s what they are.
Thanks for the reply Sphexx ,Fujicentre is a place were you get stuff printed at a better quality than home printing (in my opinion). i will ask Fujicentre if they do4-up on 6x4 paper

Any of these help???

And for printing. ..
Both of them are a great help thankyou .when i find the app im looking for and test it with my printers my next move will be to purchase one of those printers

This exactly what im looking for unfortunatley its only available for windows
Assuming then you are on Mac, why not install Parallels so that you can run Windows software if this app does exactly what you want? Just a thought, as it's probably not the last time you'll need to use a Windows-only app.

Assuming then you are on Mac, why not install Parallels so that you can run Windows software if this app does exactly what you want? Just a thought, as it's probably not the last time you'll need to use a Windows-only app.
Never heard of parrallel , thanks for opening a new door , more research for me
Thankyou kindly for sharing
B

Just a quick fyi.... I have just renewed my passport, and the .gov website has a whole new bunch of requirements. IE full body shot (waist up). They will crop it. You now also get some sort of scale as to how likely the photos will succeed. I took two, and one passed on the upload.

Hi to all i could,nt find what i was looking for
,again thanks for all your help,
but i did come across a programme built into canon easy photo print editor, if anyone is looking for something similar

Back