Pathos Harbour

Name
Mike Jones
Edit My Images
No
I've not taken a lot of pics lately, so I thought I'd delve into the ones I took in Cyprus over Xmas. Here's one that I've just processed..........

selectiveboats11tt.jpg

Mike

Very nice pic Mike, Cyprus is a very popular destination, we are off there in May, staying at Paphos so i will hopefully have some nice pics when i get back.

Hopefully it will be warmer there when you go, apparently it was the coldest Xmas there for 20 years! Having said that, Cyprus is a lovely country, bring back loads of pics from your holiday there :)

Mike

What a nice little buoy!!! Not you, Mike!!

I find it hard to get to grips with photos of the great outdoors in B&W as Mother Nature does such a nice job herself on the colours.

I must try to broaden my mind!

Not every shot lends itself to B&W Janice, there are some of mine that I would never try to convert, but this one seemed well suited for the conversion..... a good tonal range and good contrast.... helped a little by using two versions of the image and then digitally blending them.

One of the best - it really works! Just started experimenting with conversion to b & w and a touch of colour so appreciated this.

Actually I think it is Paphos as mentioned before. I think Pathos means something completely different!

Yep, its Paphos! People calling it 'Pathos' = :banghead:

:whistle2:

Venomator said:
Very nice Mike ... B & W seems to work very well with a dash of orange ... :thumb:

Just posted similar colour scheme myself ... :)

www.tpfgallery.com/gallery2/d/10644-4/SMS+BandW.jpg

TFS ...
Nice shot Ven, it works well :thumb:

Mike

Janice said:
Actually I think it is Paphos as mentioned before. I think Pathos means something completely different!
Spelt it that way especially for you Janice :p

Mike

Fangman said:
One of the best - it really works! Just started experimenting with conversion to b & w and a touch of colour so appreciated this.

Glad You liked it, I've just loaded some more of my selectively coloured pics into my album, here

That must be taken from somewhere up near the fort looking east - just trying to work out the angle cos the one's I have take always end up with the hotels and the coast away to the left. Nice pic though, and I'm back to Cyprus, near Paphos again next week!:thumb:

I think it would work better without the ball in colour. Usually selective colouring is done to draw your attention to something which in this case is just a ball in the water.

Back