Paypal holding payments till feedback recieved.

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
I just listed something on ebay, and they politely tell me that PayPal might hold any payments I am owed (for that item) until positive feedback has been left or no dispute has been opened for upto 21 days.

ffs are they trying to slowly close up shop or what ???

If they hold a days worth of payments from everyone who bought something on ebay that day, (£millions) and gained interest on it over 21 days ?

Ebay - The new GOVERNMENT RUN market place !

CHUFFING BRILLIANT !!!!!!!

:bang:

BB, just on an aside, where did you get your profile piccy from – it's ultra-scary but I've seen this just today but at work with someone trying to pass it off as Photoshop work they've done?

Regarding ebay and PP, I had a few instances lately where paying for thing took ages. PP took the money but it took about 7-10 days for it to go through to the seller so we could complete the deal and they send the item through. Very strange....

Last edited:
That seems a strange attitute from them but as someone who is in dispute over an item I bought from ebay and paid with PP it really doesn't surprise me.
I did also hear ( a rumour?) that Ebay will not accept listings from anyone without a PP account in the near future, and of course we can all see where this (might) /will lead to.
payments via pp on ebay only.
Both PP and ebay ( same thing) are getting far too big unfortunately.

With the amount of fraud on eBay these days it kind of makes sense, but I reckon they are not blind to the possibility that they will make a shed load of money from this.

I did also hear ( a rumour?) that Ebay will not accept listings from anyone without a PP account in the near future, and of course we can all see where this (might) /will lead to.
payments via pp on ebay only.

You have to offer PayPal on everything you sell now, except motors. Everything, including items picked up.

Sell a camera on eBay? You have to accept PayPal even though the person picks it up (and so you have no proof they have collected it) ~ just wait for that charge back....

Unfortunately Paypal are a terrible company, with so lists of complaints longer than your arm!

eBay say they won't allow any company to offer payment schemes on there, unless they pass stringent tests... Google checkout pass all these tests AFAIK, yet they're still not allowed on eBay..

Wonder why.. could it be that paypal are owned by ebay :rolleyes:

www.paypalsucks.com

Sadly, I do have a paypal account, linked to my credit card so I can do a chargeback if anything happens.

Yet another reason not to touch the ebay+paypal combination with a barge pole. I too received this message and it's the final nail in the coffin I'm afraid.

Cheers,
James

eBid is one I've heard about. Never tried it, but it is free to list items, so nothing to lose I suppose.

I feel the same way but the trouble is there's nothing else out there for convenience and market share :(

There will always be millions who will still use eBay so they won't lose out. What gets me is the amount of junk on there for silly money and the number of people who want to pay a pittance for anything you list. It's like a giant electronic jumble sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250249759342&Category=30070&_trksid=p3907.m29

Looks a beauty! :shake:

Back