Paypal - "too busy to proceed", eh?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just been emailed by a potential buyer on Ebay saying that he's been trying for an hour to buy one of my items, but every time he gets a message from Paypal saying that they are "too busy to proceed" :shrug:

Anyone come across this before?

Nope. Must mean too busy stealing from their users.

I've emailed them and asked what sort of compensation they are proposing to give me if I can't make any sales ;)

Their head on a plate sounds good, don't you think?

sorry, in reply to your question, I've only come across that from scammers trying to get my bank details.. but it may be that they really are too busy..?

Don't know if it's related, but eBay won't let me list at the minute, it's saying the page isn't responding.

sorry, in reply to your question, I've only come across that from scammers trying to get my bank details.. but it may be that they really are too busy..?

Funny you should say that, the buyer wanted to pay direct with a credit card. Must go and have a look at their profile....

I did have a guy from germany who got confused because the translation on ebay for 'postal order', is 'bank transfer' on the german site. And I refused to give over my details because it wasn't a payment option on the english listing and just relisted the item instead to save any grief. It turned out as just a simple mistake, and I hear that even with the details one needs for a bank transfer, they aren't enough to pinch all your money, I've still never been comfortable with the idea though.. especially overseas.

Phoned Paypal.....

" ah yes, there have been two attempts to make the payment into your account, but there's no problem"

"but the money isn't there"

"true....but there's no problem"

maybe not for you, mate......:shrug:

just when you think paypal/egay can't get any worse..... They excel themselves.

Back