PC/Camera

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been downloading images from my D300 to the pc without any problems for the past month. Now over the past 2 days when i plug the cable into the USB port and switch the camera on ( shows pc mode on top screen ), i get a pop up window which is blank. The box heading is "Nikon
D300 "and states at the top " windows can perform the same action each time you insert a disc or conect a device with this kind of file " " What do you want to do "...................

Before it used to ask me if i wanted to get pics from the camera but as i said the box is blank now. I need to go to the drive " F " and copy and paste the folder with the camera pics to my own hard drive/desktop.

When i do this the pics show up fine however the camera says the folder is empty but the card shows as full and wont let me delete the images on the card--i have to format the card to clear it again.

Anyone any ideas. Im using CS3 which works fine for everything else.Thanks.

You may be better off downloading via a card reader, these tend to be much more reliable than just plugging the camera in.

Also it's a good idea to format the card after you've downloaded and saved the images. Formatting does a low level check on the card, and gives you a "clean" card to work with.

Cant help you about the folder on the PC, but make sure you only ever format the card in the camera when it is disconnected from the pc, formatting using the PC is not recommended and can cause read errors.
Allan

Back