PC IMAGE QUALITY VERSES PRINT QUALITY

Edit My Images
Yes
I have scanned and tidied up and old Polaroid which I would like to enlarge, I wondered if it looks o.k on the computter screen at a given size would it look o.k as a printed image ? what sizes can I go for as an up sized Polaroid ? thanks all .

Ps I had to clean a layer of sticky gunge off the photo then have a tamper with the scanned image to bring the colours out. If anyone can improve it feel free ,odd thing is scanned file size is 7.1mb then altered image is 8?? kb ?

Me Mrs Badger plus oldest daughter + a long slim chappy 25 years ago !!
TOP2.JPG

Last edited:
I have done a little bit with it improved colour and brightened it done a contrast stretch plus cleaned the coffee off the surface !!! believe me it was bad just looking at the print with your eyes in original Polaroid size. I used image magic as I run Linux and as far as I know Lightroom is a Windoze prog.

1st in answer to your question, it depends on the scanner settings, the general rule is that you should print it the same size as the original, but with enough DPI on the scan you might be able to print at twice the size (if you increase the viewing distance)

But I'd add, now you have it on the PC you can fix other things, like some of the BG and foreground clutter and the rest of the gunge from the photo. I reckon half an hrs work would make a snap worth keeping.

Back