..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
:embarasse
stones.jpg

first post in critique for myself. but i would love to have some honest thoughts on this picture thanks.

i like this dave,i think the grey stones and pink flowers go together nicely.imho :thumb:

not much to say really. Its a good concept that works really well. The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure your background is completely flat, as the lighter areas detract somewhat from the subject.

it is quite asy to correct afterwards though, just make a selction of the the background, then use the black point eye droppper in levels to darken the whole background to black..........

stones.jpg

Gandhi said:
it is quite asy to correct afterwards though, just make a selction of the the background, then use the black point eye droppper in levels to darken the whole background to black..........

stones.jpg

Nicely done...

I agree...grey and pink always go well together. There are a couple of places that are a bit bright...the very front rock and the flower too.
Looks slightly soft to me also.
Composition is wonderful....and overall a great shot, just needs some tweaking here and there. Well done.

I like this, its a nice composition, and an unusual set up, not your usual sort of shot which is refreshing. As others have said it just needs a bit of tweaking to bring out the vibrancy of those flowers. Also the stone that touches the bottom of the frame has a little brown mark on it which distracts my eye a bit but now I'm nitpicking. Great shot.

thanks for the feedback guys and gals all critique welcome over here . thanks gandhi that was the sort of thing i was after...

Back