'Pecker

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Heard a rattle and managed to creep up on this cheeky chap/chapess?

Not into birds but do you think it will be nesting in this 'ere 'ole?

If so, may try another visit with a better lens.

Comments more than welcome.

wpn.jpg

wp.jpg

I reckons it be!

Nicely caught - when you say a better lens, what lens did you use?

Nice pair of images... (y)

They will likely be nesting in that there 'ole... :D ... but please do not disturb or they will abandon... :eek:

The second take is a female so if they are the same bird you have your gender sorted... ;) ... not possible to tell what the hole peeper is though... :shrug:

:p

purpleclouds... taken with a Minolta Beercan on the Sony A700.

When I said 'better' lens, I meant something with a bit more reach so as not to get too close.

Venomator... Yeah, the same bird - wasn't sure if they were nesting as there is a clay pigeon shoot every Sunday only about 50yds away!!

Errmm...what is it? - know it's a woodpecker - and it 'aint green :LOL:

* thanks for the positive comments guys, bit of encouragement always helps - new to this DSLR stuff and no idea what I'm doing, just hoping for the best.
Spending a small fortune on kit, so I've got to stick at it!

Regards,

Sky'

I reckons it be!

Nicely caught - when you say a better lens, what lens did you use?

It does not matter Phil,the image itself is good enough.............(y)

It does not matter Phil,the image itself is good enough.............(y)

:LOL: Well if it need not matter, then why did he mention it in his post? - clearly he thinks it does matter and therefore your 'rules' are obsolete in this thread :p ;)

Edit - Taken with a 'beercan' too which is a smaller (70-200?) lens if I am right! It is noble of you to worry about being close to their nest site though...did they appear disturbed by your presence?

Last edited:
Phil, you are making a complete tool of yourself,give at a rest mate..........(y)

why is he making a tool of himself the op said about the lens, phil asked a question then you came in and made a tool of yourself :razz::wacky:

Indeed...I'm surprised you didn't question him yourself Ade, as to why he was so close to a nest with only 200mm?

Ok,the dream team are in, good luck.........:wave:

Thanks for I.D...

Beercan = 70-210mm f4...

Didn't seem too disturbed by my presence, although I was trying to hide behind a tree...not that it did much good judging by the expression on it's face - it knew I was there :LOL:

Did manage to take quite a few though -

wps.jpg

good luck, u need it m8 and lots of it

No point fighting, can`t be arzzed with narrow minded people like Phil.Go your own way.

Last edited:
Ok,the dream team are in, good luck.........:wave:

I'm biting my tongue here buddy! :muted: I'm not going to be responsible for ruining this thread.

Thanks for I.D...

Beercan = 70-210mm f4...

Didn't seem too disturbed by my presence, although I was trying to hide behind a tree...not that it did much good judging by the expression on it's face - it knew I was there :LOL:

Did manage to take quite a few though -

It looks like it was carrying on as per normal....although I've only a couple of photos to judge it by! Perhaps it/they're a bit too preoccupied with young mouths to feed :)

Well done on getting the shots though, I'd be proud of them! :)

You ruined Ians, so feel free Phil............:LOL:

ok lets get things straight, since i've been on this forum there is one ££££ that stands out way above the rest and that is you, you are one arrogant F$$k

Last edited:
Phil, points transmitted via pm accepted, don`t agree 100%, but you know that.End of......(y)

Dreamer,loose the aggressive streak mate..............:)

Nicely spotted and well taken Ken (y)

For some one not into birds these are champion shots :)

Nicely spotted and well taken Ken (y)

For some one not into birds these are champion shots :)

Thanks for positive comment.

Don't really know what I'm into yet, just trying a bit of everything, no doubt something will spark an interest in a particular field before too long.

But must say I was pleased with the results when I viewed them on the p.c.

Regards,

Ken.

Back