Peddars Way

Name
Amy
Edit My Images
Yes
Photos from a recent trip down a section of Peddars Way near Anmer. Would really some C&C please
3570435069_8b7f0d9733.jpg

3570433441_1351258c76.jpg

3570431103_7a9f652cfa.jpg

3570427955_0d5f5439b3.jpg

3571233086_16efabf70b.jpg

Thanks in advance

Amy x

Thank you, these were taken at around 18:00 I think. Was the best part of the day :)

No1. Watch your horizons. Needs a little turn to make straight. See if you can 'lift the flowers out of the shadows.

No2. I like. You had a hard job here with the light and shadows, well done

No3. Another hard hard shot. I think you just overexposed a little. Try taking 2 or 3 shots with differend exposure. One will always work better.

No4. Man you pick some hard ones and yet I like this. The sky just needs a little tweek to pull it back.

No.5 Spot on

Well done

I like No 1 and 3 the best, i like the DOF on No1, only wishing it could be better lit on the foregound. No3 is very wizard of Oz, processing is nice but you need to watch the levels in the photos, a touch half a degree anti clockwise turn should fix it. :)

Tokkelossi: Thank you for that, when you say "lift the flowers" how should I go about doing that?

Thanks for that Ray, what im going to do is have a go at making the adjustments the both of you have said about, and see how they come out :)

Thanks again

Amy

Tokkelossi: Thank you for that, when you say "lift the flowers" how should I go about doing that?

Thanks for that Ray, what im going to do is have a go at making the adjustments the both of you have said about, and see how they come out :)

Thanks again

Amy

do you shoot jpeg, raw or rabbits :)

are you ok using photoshop or somesuch?

Thank you Nick :)

I shoot in jpeg, I would shoot in raw, but when I have my laptop goes mental when I try to upload them and then wont do anything. I do have a understanding of photoshop, it may not be great, but I get by :)

Oh also, how how do I pull back the sky in number 4?

Last edited:
Had a go at a quick alterations on these two, when I get more time, I shall try for a better job :)

DSC_9785altered.jpg

DSC_9799altered.jpg

Amy

Ok squirt :) looks like your into landscapes yes? well, find a way to shoot raw. how about doing most of your shots jpeg but the last one as a raw. that way it may slip onto your laptop unnoticed :)

most of your photos could be greatly improved if you used raw files.

next and dont get hurt by this, it is done with love in my heart ... ok ...

you are looking without seeing ..... i is a very simple thing to miss. take 2 mins to look at your picture before you take it.

is the horizon straight, too much sky? too little? is that a tesco bag by that haystack or are those flowers in shadow ... what can i do to make it better?

take 3 shots (i assume you can use manual mode, if not tell me) 1 shot will be on exposure 2 shot will be over and 3 shot under.

when you get home you will have a choice ...... oh and 4th shot as a raw :)

when you do all that, get back to us ... the we move on and get you pictures on walls in magazines and ... if you very lucky ... in the art section at IKEA hahahaha

Hi Amy
Interesting set.
No2 looks best for me, although I think you could improve it a little in PS.

3 looks the most interesting IMO, just let down by exposure issues and there is just a little too much sky. May have worked better if you'd shot more to left, just behind bales and looking down to truck. This would have given interesting FG interest (hay) and the shadow line would have give a nice lead-in to truck.

Last looks fine.

Back