Wales Pen y Fan - any advice?

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hoping to get up pen y fan tomorrow morning for a dawny. Any advice on compositions? I’ve seen some nice images shot along the ridge. Possibly from Fan y Bîg. Don’t have time to scout and I’ll be up there early so want to be in a good place at the right time.

Can't help myself as it is around 35 years since I have been there but have a look on the Geograph site - https://www.geograph.org.uk/

Its aim is to have photos of every OS grid square. There must be some around or from Pen y Fan.

Dave

Fan y Big should give you a nice sun lit PyF as you are to the east. If you go back through my Flickr to March this year, you'll find some photos OF Pen y Fan - I can tell you where they were taken from. The only time I climbed Pen y Fan last Christmas holidays with my boy and a mate from work visibility was zero......

Managed to get up Pen y Fan for sunrise. Can’t believe how busy it was at 6:45 in the morning! Almost nowhere to park. Still, good atmosphere at the top. Ended up just shooting from the top of pen y fan. Managed to get a few shots which I’ll post whe processed. Next time I think I’ll try and get across to fan y big but it’s a fair extra walk!

Back