Pentax Auto 110

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Since lomography have released new 110 film I thought it was time to dig out the auto 110 that I bought a while back, but due to lack of film never used!

Anyway, these were shot on the Lomography Orca 110.

1 Carew Castle

2 On the River Bank

Well I had great fun using this absolutely tiny camera, the film is super grainy and my scanning probably hasnt helped matters.

Wow, I had one of those for a bit years ago. Great little system, had a flash and a battery pack or winder and a couple of mini lenses. Can't remember the exact detail but it was a great idea but compromised by the fim size - incidentally a negative area still larger than many sensors these days! :)

BlackCloud said:
Wow, I had one of those for a bit years ago. Great little system, had a flash and a battery pack or winder and a couple of mini lenses. Can't remember the exact detail but it was a great idea but compromised by the fim size - incidentally a negative area still larger than many sensors these days! :)

Just have a look on eBay now and see how much the price has gone up!

The 28mm lens is absolutely tiny, smaller than a 2p.

Looks like a decent performance. I think the biggest problem here is the scanner grain. It has accentuated that from the film and the small size of the negative. If only it could be controlled a little more!

Well I would be quite proud of those results tbh ...I too have a Pentax 110 and some 110 Orca film to go through it...

Did you develop the film yourself? If so, what reel did you use...did you obtain a purpose reel for 110 or modify a 35mm one (which is what i'm considering!)?

Asha said:
Well I would be quite proud of those results tbh ...I too have a Pentax 110 and some 110 Orca film to go through it...

Did you develop the film yourself? If so, what reel did you use...did you obtain a purpose reel for 110 or modify a 35mm one (which is what i'm considering!)?

No I didn't develop it, I sent it off to lomography to do.

I was looking at modifying a Patterson reel to take it, but there are 110 reels out there somewhere apparently!

That's some weird artifacting going on on them scans! Decent pics though. This 110 stuff sounds interesting... I guess it's gonna be expensive now though

What a real blast from the past! In a previous life I worked in a camera shop (late 1970's to the early 1980's- showing my age!) and sold a number of these. They caused quite a stir at the time they came out. It's good that film is available again through lomo.

Thanks for sharing

Adrian

That's some weird artifacting going on on them scans! Decent pics though. This 110 stuff sounds interesting... I guess it's gonna be expensive now though

Yea, I might try scanning it in myself next time! Its not that expensive tbh.

Considering the size of the neg I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of these and the grain just adds to their period charm.

I've got a Pentax 110 and have just used a roll of hideous Fuji Superia which I have to send off to be processed, hopefully whatever comes out will be pure 1975.

a fantastic set well done

Back