Pentax & Canon

Some of the features on the K10D compared to the likes of the 400D, IMO, blow it out of the water.

Take me as an individual...... I dont want be restricted to get out early morning/in the rain for some interesting Macro and Landscape shots.

-The weather sealing on both the Body and the Lens is especially apealing.
-The "in camera" shake reduction is really good for Macro.
-I have large hands...The camera comes as standard Magnesium and rubber body W 142 x H 101 x D 70mm @ 790g
-The 400D W 126.5 x H 94.2 x D 65mm @ 510g (no weather seals) Plastic Body No IS.
-I never had any issues with the 400D Kit Lens but the K10D Kit Lens is very sharp for the level.
-The K10D is compatible with old Pentax lenses where as 400D is not with older Canon.

I loved my 400D and with a grip it felt ok but still light and plastic. The K10D feels like a Canon 40D but is currently aprox £270.00 cheaper with Kit Lens than just the 40D body only!

I say this as a 400D user those were the main factors that made me change over. Its a mid-range camera for an excellent price if you can manage to get one now. I compare the K10D to more the Canon 40D rather than the 400D. ( I have owned a 40D too)

SB

I don't think in-body (or any form) of IS is going to be overly useful for macro work. If you're tripod mounted then it's not a big issue and if you're handheld then the forwards/backwards movement is the more critical axis... to maintain focus in the shallow DOF environment and IS will not help with this.

All IMHO....

Bob

Back