Peregrines

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Can one of the mods move this to talk nature please, not intended as a CC thread.

Ta.

Don't trust people to make CC on your photos then Fracster? :p:exit:

So given it's now in the Talk section, how about giving us some insight in to these . Obviously location information is privileged information, but I'd be interested to know more about the process and field-craft required to achieve them.

Reactions: den
So given it's now in the Talk section, how about giving us some insight in to these . Obviously location information is privileged information, but I'd be interested to know more about the process and field-craft required to achieve them.
Will do when not on phone bud.

Ade,my most humble apologies,I saw a note thing about tagged,but didn't get what it meant,I'm a complete dummy with computers kiddo,jees sorry bro.I know my way around a frog forum,but i've never seen a tagg thingy Explective explective bloody embarasing

Folks,I#ll try and explain,I haven't even read Ade's post yet:
Ade really kindly helped me with some questions about peregrine falcons,gave me loads of really sound advice proper kind advice. Not only that but took a real goodly time to it too. I'm a total stranger too him. I am hugely grateful for the time he gave to help me out ,no way he had to give me that much help...... then obviously tagged me which is some kind of alert,ha Stu just caught up a week late,or more.

Ade me old mucker,I feel a right jerk,public apology mate nowt intended !! Bro I'm just about to crash and bare with me busy SO tired mate, but I give'll you a proper reply,well best I got anyway'goes away muttering

Ade if any thing happens like this again shoot me a pm( i think I understand them) or just bloody slap me,didn't have a clue, mate sorry for being so dumb I'd noticed these @ Bob's ya uncle things but thought it was a forum way of being specific to whom someone was talking not a way of alerting them. So,such much get's confused in webland, Didn't know mate just didn't know but can own the apology
take care mate

Stu
PS Ade even In my very close friends struggle with this side of me jees I have just been FORCED my first mobile at work,i loath it,but I just don't really understand this stuff,bro ,give me a cornish oak wood an a river running through it,now I'm a happy bunny,i'm completely braindead on somethings mate ok on others tis how it is.

No worries Stuart, glad you found it in the end. Like I said, just observe them and you will pick up on their habits and favourite spots.

No worries Stuart, glad you found it in the end. Like I said, just observe them and you will pick up on their habits and favourite spots.
Just like rent boys then:D:D;)

I`ll have to bow to your wisdom and greater experience on that subject pal.

My wisdom on the subject is not as great as that of some. You know what I mean;)

I was ruddy horrified last night Ade, I,don't treat folks that have been kind to me like that !!!

Thanks for being understanding. Mate i'm in a mad rush have no time I've literally dropped in to read your reply and respond I might get time tomorrow hopefully. The pictures are very good mate,given the obvious care you have for these special birds all due caution would have been given ,which too me at least makes them more special. I'll get on this and hopefully it might open up a debate,it's obvious others are interested,hmm and maybe steer the conversation away from where it is above:D

Brash I can declare I have equal understanding of computers and rent boys,so to put it in a nutshell I know nothing about both !! I so had to amend my words there kiddo you would have been all over it otherwise:banana:

best

Stu

I was ruddy horrified last night Ade, I,don't treat folks that have been kind to me like that !!!

Thanks for being understanding. Mate i'm in a mad rush have no time I've literally dropped in to read your reply and respond I might get time tomorrow hopefully. The pictures are very good mate,given the obvious care you have for these special birds all due caution would have been given ,which too me at least makes them more special. I'll get on this and hopefully it might open up a debate,it's obvious others are interested,hmm and maybe steer the conversation away from where it is above:D

Brash I can declare I have equal understanding of computers and rent boys,so to put it in a nutshell I know nothing about both !! I so had to amend my words there kiddo you would have been all over it otherwise:banana:

best

Stu

Stu, don't worry about that muppet. Any issues with him, let me know and I'll sort him out. No problem.:D

Stu, don't worry about that muppet. Any issues with him, let me know and I'll sort him out. No problem.:D
Ha I guessed that,lmao,but mate, apology was deserved and it wouldn't matter who it was,if I'm in the wrong I'll own that,it's how I am in life I'm no different on this ruddy machine;). .To be fair the best example of a muppet is actually sat here kiddo,Ade's been very kind with his time and thoughts to a total stranger (me) so I'm going to bow out a bit on this one,I've dug meself a big enough hole already!!!:rolleyes:

To the matter in hand:

Guy's we are midlands based at the foot of the Cotswold escarpment,we oft go up there taking pictures. A couple of weeks or so back we spotted some great action between a Kez Buzzard and a couple of kites,but too far from the road for any meaningful pictures. So duly we sought out the farmer told him something about us and our passion for wildlife and blurry pictures and asked for permission. Mr Farmer was very kind gave us permission said come back anytime,again I asked the question to yield said answer(farmers always appreciate us being polite and asking,even a complete scruffbag dressed in camo like me,do ask one simply doesn't know where it might lead,as in this particular case). Unfortunately all the birds of prey had moved on, once we got back,so after a goodly while we made our way back to the car,to be instantly quizzed by another guy. We explained we had just that morning got permission,mentioned the farmer's name and the guy was cool. He then set about telling us some wonderful local info. Part of that info was a regular breeding site of peregrines,actually a place I know and have always muttered what a cracking place that would be for them to breed.Not only that but a barn owl site another farmer to ring relating to that,jees it's always worth just asking for permission.

My knowledge with regards to Peregrines and nest sites and photography is lacking. My first priority is da birdz,wellfare. Obviously we are talking next year now,but I thought why not start the ball rolling and try and gain some knowledge now. So that's why I asked Ade for help and advice and that is why this thread is here. I've been lurking a long time here and felt Ade not only had some obvious experience to draw on ,but very important to me felt the same way as me about not disturbing them.

I'm going to be a bit cagey here in that I'm not terribly keen on specifying any site details,I guess I worry for the birds,it's not so much selfishness just due caution. This is the predominant reason I asked Ade in private too. I do know of another site,it's known on fora, and we have seen the family at some considerable distance I might add. Ade mentioned observing and looking for favourite perches etc which he has illustrated above and already I can almost see a tie in to the site where we have seen fledglings,I say almost because I am very unsure if i'm reading things correct. I have a long history with birds and have worked with them,but never birds of prey,mainly poultry wildfowl and the like and have been bumbling about in the countryside since a kid like to many of us here I guess. So I have somethings to draw on with fieldcraft and bird behaviour,which I suppose are at a much higher level than my togging or computer skills for that matter.

Ade ,both parents are pictured on ash any significance? The date on the female says Stu'sday;) the fella a bit later any preference for bare tress buddy,obviously buds haven't broken too early,do they still favour the same perches once the trees are in leaf.Of course not knowing the site it might be impossible to be sure once the buds have broken The ones we saw were actually favouring a dead tree,but it's scant info to base anything on ,one lucky chance, just curiosity on my part really..

Ade that's all I have at this time,i'm wasted from trying to earn a crust at price rates without having yet aquired properly the skillset I need, hopefully I'll come back with more in time. But at least i've got something out to you,sorry it's not more.
take care both

Stu

Ade ,both parents are pictured on ash any significance? The date on the female says Stu'sday;) the fella a bit later any preference for bare tress buddy,obviously buds haven't broken too early,do they still favour the same perches once the trees are in leaf.Of course not knowing the site it might be impossible to be sure once the buds have broken The ones we saw were actually favouring a dead tree,but it's scant info to base anything on ,one lucky chance, just curiosity on my part really..

Stu

The ash trees are pretty much the only trees that grow there and are growing out of the cliff face, I guess the birds feel safe there and have good visibility of the nest site. They sometimes chase crows and jackdaws off if they get too close to the youngsters. They perch in the same places all year round, the female favours one tree, the male another.

Many thanks Ade really good to know that they have a favourite tree/perch ,all year round,that might be very useful,to me. I may well come back Ade I'm wasted again,what's new,but a proper thanks for all the help mate,it's genuinely appreciated
take care

Stu

Back