Perfect sunrise spot for bluebells

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I'd like to get some suggestions where to get out for bluebells in the coming weeks? I am looking for clear forest, no shrubs or fallen branches, just tall trees and bluebells and sun shining through the mist.

I have heard Micheldever is not at its best this year, and to be fair it is a bit too far. I could do with 40 miles max away from Bristol.

I know some patches in Leigh Woods, but they haven't got the right look. Portbury woods was a right mess last year. Anything else nearby?

I see some flickr members are trying to sell such information and to be fair (and I hope they read it) I am totally and thoroughly disgusted by that. :rules:

Last edited:
Tomas, for a decluttered place I would suggest Badbury Clump, although from the centre of Bristol it is showing 54 miles. If you did decide to head up and want some company I'd be happy to meet you there. The clump is on the edge of fields facing east and woodland to the west, so for sunrise you'd be in an ideal place as it's not massive and the sunlight will pour in. The place is very uncluttered, especially compared to the likes of West Woods, and has a very good covering of bluebells on the east side. If you fancied a meet drop me a PM (y)

Tomas, for a decluttered place I would suggest Badbury Clump, although from the centre of Bristol it is showing 54 miles. If you did decide to head up and want some company I'd be happy to meet you there. The clump is on the edge of fields facing east and woodland to the west, so for sunrise you'd be in an ideal place as it's not massive and the sunlight will pour in. The place is very uncluttered, especially compared to the likes of West Woods, and has a very good covering of bluebells on the east side. If you fancied a meet drop me a PM (y)

We'll see what the weather is like (rainy now :( ) I've done some bluebelling last Friday near Marlborough as well. I was slightly too late for the sunrise so may need some more.

We'll see what the weather is like (rainy now :( ) I've done some bluebelling last Friday near Marlborough as well. I was slightly too late for the sunrise so may need some more.

Yeah it's very overcast here! I was in West Woods on Saturday as it happens, although I was there in the late afternoon/early evening. I haven't attempted bluebells at sunrise yet, so that's something I will have to get out and do.

You have done a fantastic job. Some stunning shots. I love the west woods photos. The light is perfect! Are these shot with your new 5D? Or the 1D?

You have done a fantastic job. Some stunning shots. I love the west woods photos. The light is perfect! Are these shot with your new 5D? Or the 1D?

Thanks. Thats with 5D, but to be fair I wouldn't expect to see much difference with either at ISO 100

Back