Perfectly formed

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
A slightly different doting Daddy shot :D

IMG_9038.jpg

Wondered when we would be seeing more of your new addition Bachs !

That's a really different view point for sure ! But what big feet she has - bless ?

Like the effect though ... interesting !

Getting much sleep ?

Bachs said:
Thats a touchy subject! I don't have a problem with blowing over in the wind and she has my feet poor little thing!

HeHe ... :laugh1:

As long as she don't got those strange facial markings !

Shouldn't you be sleeping instead of playing then ... :ponders:

Super picture Bachs,
composition, exposure everything looks great :thumb:

I love these pictures - I always take a little and large picture of little hand holding on to dad or older child's finger. I always wondered how they managed to keep their finger nails trimmed before they were born as it could be a pain trying to do it after!

What a fantastic cute little shot! Oooh if I just had a feather to tickle those feet...... lol Bless!

The soft focus..... did you do that in PS or via the camera? Can you give more details on what settings you used for the shop and what if anything you did in PS?

Ta

excellent Steve, make a lovely print for sure

Boo said:
What a fantastic cute little shot! Oooh if I just had a feather to tickle those feet...... lol Bless!

The soft focus..... did you do that in PS or via the camera? Can you give more details on what settings you used for the shop and what if anything you did in PS?

Ta

Thanks all!
I got the idea from a special Thank You card I bought for my wife for providing me with a free lifetime model.

I converted to monochrome with my usual methods but it looked a little cold and harsh so I added a gaussian blur layer with a layer mask, changed the blend mode on that layer to 'lighten', then created a feathered selection in the mask and added a slight tint to the whole shot.

A great method for those dreamy, glowing type shots and even better for underexposed shots that bring out excessive noise when you lift the levels and are tempted to bin them.
I'm not binning a single shot!

Here are the rest of the themed series from today, all using the same technique, I'll just post the intermediate sizes...

normal_IMG_9069.jpg

normal_IMG_9028%7E0.jpg

normal_IMG_9057.jpg

Top of the three for me ... all nice for memories too !

Like the bit about the free lifetime model - ha !

The bottom one is my favourite.
A bit tricky focusing as I had to hold the 350d with battery grip and 580x attached (I didnt use flash as I beleive it's not a good idea near new borns) in one hand.
The nifty fifty was hunting all over the place and I couldn't exactly use manual focus could I? :p

Bachs said:
I converted to monochrome with my usual methods but it looked a little cold and harsh so I added a gaussian blur layer with a layer mask, changed the blend mode on that layer to 'lighten', then created a feathered selection in the mask and added a slight tint to the whole shot.

A great method for those dreamy, glowing type shots and even better for underexposed shots that bring out excessive noise when you lift the levels and are tempted to bin them.
I'm not binning a single shot!

hi bachs
brilliant photos, and i like the sound of the method for the photos too, there has to be a tutorial in this somewhere, after you have had some sleep that is :whistle2:

What a lovely shot. There is just something so appealing about newborn feet :) I have always wanted to photograph newborns, but i think the mums' would give me strange looks and think I'd gone mad if I took my camera to work with me!

(I'm a midwife!)

Boon said:
there has to be a tutorial in this somewhere, after you have had some sleep that is :whistle2:

There is indeed...it's on the list!

Minimeeze...we have a houseful of midwives everyday this week...you're most welcome to come and check the baby and my wife...bring your camera with you.

The local award winning maternity unit have asked for all the photos to use in a magazine. :dance:

Bachs said:
Minimeeze...we have a houseful of midwives everyday this week...you're most welcome to come and check the baby and my wife...bring your camera with you.

The local award winning maternity unit have asked for all the photos to use in a magazine. :dance:

Now if you were only up the road, I'd be there like a shot!
So... not only have you become a dad and won the comp on here, you're getting published too. Is there no end to all this success?? Well done! :woot:

Not easy shooting little ones like that as they are blank canvases, you really pulled it off. The first one is the one for me, easily make it in to a mag. Make a great shot for Clark shoes ect

Another one from this morning.

I've always wanted an excuse to try that pastely look...

IMG_9118.jpg

butter wouldn't melt eh!! cracking shots Bachs, well done.

awww definately worth printing that one is yes! I love feet pics, how cute is that!!! Absolutely adorable and a great shot bachs. Love the detail, and dont' worry they grow into their parts. ;) Is this your first?

jewel

jewel said:
Is this your first?
jewel

Thanks Jewel, I'm ordering some big poster prints from foto.com

It's our first together but we both have children from previous marriages, she has 4 (3 living with us) and I have a 23 year old son.

Bachs said:
Thanks yet again :)

Boy am I having fun! :D

Here's a quick video tutorial on the last pastel image I posted.

Bachs, dont know how you found the time, but you are to be applauded:clap: absolutely great tutorial, hope you add it to your cd when you do it, thank you for taking the time.
:thumb: :clap: :D

Back